PDA

View Full Version : Going to Disneyland California Dec 23-29

Robert
December 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
In case any Fretters hang around that area, I'll be at Disneyland from Dec 23 to Dec 29. Let me know if a Fret-ernizier Party can be had there. :beer:

Tone2TheBone
December 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Christmas there should be pretty cool. Take in your own bottled water dude. Use the stroller to put a small ice chest in. Trust me.

sunvalleylaw
December 3rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
Cool, we had fun with the kids when we were there twice in the last few years. For easy exit, you may want to position yourself near the exit if you are staying for the evening fireworks so you can get out to the shuttles quickly after the fireworks end. The play they do in a covered outdoor amphitheater is a nice sit down break mid day that my 5 year old daughter (4 at the time of the last visit) really enjoyed. There was a Disney princess meet and greet before hand. She also really like the section where there are Pooh Bear and tigger type rides. The western style run a way train coaster is fun too. The really cool Indiana Jones ride will be too much for your daughter, but you should go on it yourself, very fun and well done. Pirates of the Carribean too. My daughter went on that, but held are hands and covered her eyes some. Jack Sparrow has invaded and taken over the place. The Haunted Mansion seems a little dated, but I always wanted to go as a kid and never had the chance so I had to go so my son and I went. The Buzz Lightyear ride is fun too. Have fun!

Robert
December 5th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the tips!

Looks like Mark Wein and I are going to hook up! Should be fun. His studio is close to Disneland.

Anyone else in the vicinity at that time who doesn't mind being seen in public with a big-veined guy who carries a Swedo-Canuckian accent? :D

peachhead
December 5th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Dang- you guys should come to Disneyworld. It's closer. :D

aeolian
December 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I assume you are also going to California Adventure (adjacent to Disneyland)? It's been a few years since we've been there, but Soaring Over California is really cool, in fact, my kids who were around 7 & 9 then did it 2 or 3 times.

just strum
December 6th, 2008, 12:30 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/roenmedicomtoyguitarmicbk6.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
December 8th, 2008, 06:27 AM
In case any Fretters hang around that area, I'll be at Disneyland from Dec 23 to Dec 29. Let me know if a Fret-ernizier Party can be had there. :beer:

Did you win the Grey Cup of the Canadian Football League?

Robert
December 8th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Grey Cup - what's that, bad coffee? :)

I think Calgary won this time.

Robert
December 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Anybody else hanging out in that neighbourhood and wants to go for a coffee or something? Would also be fun to grab a guitar or two somewhere and jam a tune. I am bringing my camera for creating proof that it happened...