PDA

View Full Version : Weird

tot_Ou_tard
December 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Last night I received a check out of the blue for $511.11 from someone I have never heard of in a faraway state.

It came wrapped in a medical workshop evaluation form from a conference in 2007.

I checked online & the medical association did seem valid. The check was a personal check. It had the home phone number so I called & got the woman's husband who was very curious to know why this check was sent. He gave me her work number. I called & she had no recollection of sending the check. I read off her address from the check & she verified it.

I told her the check # so she could cancel it.

weird.....

oldguy
December 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
'Geezer says what?

($911.00 would've been even stranger, eh?)

warren0728
December 4th, 2008, 05:57 AM
hey tot....was the check made out to you....or to someone else and just sent to you....just curious.... :whatever:

tot_Ou_tard
December 4th, 2008, 07:06 AM
It was made out to me & the spelling was correct.

My only connection to medical community is my annual checkup.

warren0728
December 4th, 2008, 08:24 AM
man that is strange....

Tone2TheBone
December 4th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I hope you can sleep tonight.

bigoldron
December 4th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Were there blonde hairs in the envelope? :rotflmao:

tot_Ou_tard
December 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I slept fine. I didn't want to accept cash from someone that wasn't meant to go to me.

My wife has long blonde hair, so there is blonde hair everywhere chez moi.

I'll bet that there was some very heated discussion between the husband & wife when she got home from work that night.

just strum
December 6th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I slept fine. I didn't want to accept cash from someone that wasn't meant to go to me.

good man, you never know what that deal could have been, or if you were spending money that was needed by someone else.

Admittedly, although I would have done the same thing, I would have to wait until the guitars stopped dancing around in my head.

:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
December 6th, 2008, 04:33 PM
good man, you never know what that deal could have been, or if you were spending money that was needed by someone else.

Admittedly, although I would have done the same thing, I would have to wait until the guitars stopped dancing around in my head.

:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

There was a 2x12 cab swirling around my head.;)

evenkeel
December 7th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Good Man Tot. :master:

Right thing to do.