PDA

View Full Version : Karma rocks!

Brian Krashpad
December 4th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Over the last year or so we switched churches and finally settled on the Lutheran church in town instead of the Lutheran church out on the southwestern fringe near where we live, where we used to go. It's not nearly as good a "fit" as our last church, and much more musically, well, boring (even though it'd be fun to play guitar or bass like I did at our last place, they won't take me up on it, they play some contemporary music, but it's more like "contemporary Christian music-- for people who hate contemporary music:" an acoustic guitar chording along and once a month or so some drums, no electric guitar or bass), but the youth group is good, and we wanted to get our son in Confirmation classes.

Since this church is just a few blocks from Florida Field (a/k/a The Swamp), every Gator home game they sell parking in the church lot and make a ton of money for the youth group. Over new years this year, the youth group are going on a 3-day weekend ski trip way up to W. Va. by bus, with all meals, skis, lodging, etc. included. For the kids, if they helped at all the game parking for the whole season, the cost is only $50, for the bus ride. The weekend itself is otherwise $250 (so, for parents a total of $300 including bus).

Since my kids did parking at all the games, we saved $500, so we figured all 4 of us in the family would go. We paid the bus fee a month or so ago as the down payment, and last night it was time to pony up the rest.

So I opened up my checkbook prepared to write a check for $500 for me and the Missus to go, and the guy in charge says "No, it's only $250." I replied that both parents were going (Mrs. Krashpad wasn't at the meeting, as she was teaching a class last night). He says "You helped at all the car parking, didn't you?" I said yes. He says "Then yours is free also."

Holy cow.

Glacies
December 4th, 2008, 08:41 AM
That's pretty cool man, but I hope you know how to play banjo :p

/lives 2 hours from WVa border

Brian Krashpad
December 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM
That's pretty cool man, but I hope you know how to play banjo :p

Got it covered.

http://www.afn.org/~afn52445/acoustics2003.JPG

:D

bigoldron
December 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Over the last year or so we switched churches and finally settled on the Lutheran church in town instead of the Lutheran church out on the southwestern fringe near where we live, where we used to go. It's not nearly as good a "fit" as our last church, and much more musically, well, boring (even though it'd be fun to play guitar or bass like I did at our last place, they won't take me up on it, they play some contemporary music, but it's more like "contemporary Christian music-- for people who hate contemporary music:" an acoustic guitar chording along and once a month or so some drums, no electric guitar or bass), but the youth group is good, and we wanted to get our son in Confirmation classes.

Since this church is just a few blocks from Florida Field (a/k/a The Swamp), every Gator home game they sell parking in the church lot and make a ton of money for the youth group. Over new years this year, the youth group are going on a 3-day weekend ski trip way up to W. Va. by bus, with all meals, skis, lodging, etc. included. For the kids, if they helped at all the game parking for the whole season, the cost is only $50, for the bus ride. The weekend itself is otherwise $250 (so, for parents a total of $300 including bus).

Since my kids did parking at all the games, we saved $500, so we figured all 4 of us in the family would go. We paid the bus fee a month or so ago as the down payment, and last night it was time to pony up the rest.

So I opened up my checkbook prepared to write a check for $500 for me and the Missus to go, and the guy in charge says "No, it's only $250." I replied that both parents were going (Mrs. Krashpad wasn't at the meeting, as she was teaching a class last night). He says "You helped at all the car parking, didn't you?" I said yes. He says "Then yours is free also."

Holy cow.

See, God does bless in many strange and different ways. I hope you and the family and kids all have a great time. Our youth group is going in January to WV, too, but it'll be over MLK Day weekend.

Don't break anything! :D

sunvalleylaw
December 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
That's great! Have a nice weekend together. As you know, I am involved in youth skiing and snowboarding and it is great family fun.

Katastrophe
December 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Please post pics of "banjo face," when it happens.:D :AOK:

peachhead
December 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Please post pics of "banjo face," when it happens.:D :AOK:

+1! :D

Good deeds do not go unrewarded. Have a great time!