PDA

View Full Version : So, how often do you edit yourself?

Katastrophe
December 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Usually, when I go to post on a thread, I'll look to see if I have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion. I'll type a reply and see if it fits. I'll delete at least half of my replies before they make it on TheFret.

Anyone else do the same?

Robert
December 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Nope, I shamelessly just babble on without any thoughts on the implications my incoherent utterances may have.... :D

R_of_G
December 4th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I constantly edit myself. I often think of better and more coherent ways to say what I've said right after I hit "submit". I'd rather edit away and be as clear as possible.

Glacies
December 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I'm with Robert. I babble on, and then if I happen to read my post later, I realize I made very little sense and practice extremely poor grammar.

sunvalleylaw
December 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I constantly edit myself. I often think of better and more coherent ways to say what I've said right after I hit "submit". I'd rather edit away and be as clear as possible.

I regularly do the same, either because I see a typo, or because upon re-reading I see that I didn't communicate what I meant to say.

oldguy
December 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I tend to edit myself often. I've been told I'm way too blunt when I say things, so I try to type so as not to offend others. I may blabber on about something, but I do try and keep it civil.

duhvoodooman
December 4th, 2008, 02:50 PM
My thoughts are so incisive and profound and my prose so crisp, clear and concise that no editing is ever necessary. Editing is for mere mortals, not intellectual demi-gods such as myself.

(Actual answer: Yeah, lots.)

peachhead
December 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Yessir, I do it all the time.

I mean, never.

OK, almost never.

Well, yeah. I do it all the time.

:thwap:

*edited for content*

tjcurtin1
December 4th, 2008, 07:01 PM

+1

warren0728
December 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM
never at dusk....i would never do that....

just strum
December 4th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I babble and throw out nonsense. I seldom have anything worthy to say.

If it wasn't for the beer girls and the new Brit, you guys would probably condemn me to a drummers forum.

Spudman
December 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Occasionally I'll delete a response because by the time I finish writing it and go back and read it I've come to my senses and realize what an *** I would be to post it. As you can tell I on occasion don't do this final step.

Most of my editing is for spelling and punctuation. I get lose smetimes and doun check mty spelling.

oldguy
December 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I babble and throw out nonsense. I seldom have anything worthy to say.

If it wasn't for the beer girls and the new Brit, you guys would probably condemn me to a drummers forum.

+1.............but don't run off 'till you get yer new job..........we kinda need you around here.......if just for your quick wit and comic relief.:poke:

Tone2TheBone
December 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
ah nevah edit maself evin wen I mischpell/ Eshpecially werds lak auxilliary.

piebaldpython
December 4th, 2008, 11:39 PM
24/7..........:D ........usually, it's because I left out a word or changed an idea mid-sentence and forgot to deep-six half a sentence........then there are the times when I write something, and then maybe think better of it......or the times when I go off on a tangent, exploring distant galaxies like Spaceman Spiff and then realize I'm so far off-topic I have to delete the whole damn thing......:rotflmao:

Andy
December 5th, 2008, 12:41 AM
all the time , i kant spel

SuperSwede
December 5th, 2008, 03:45 AM
ah nevah edit maself evin wen I mischpell/ Eshpecially werds lak auxilliary.

Ya Man.. Ya type lika a real Rastafari writer man.

oldguy
December 5th, 2008, 05:55 AM
or Foghorn Leghorn.............
:rotflmao:

Bloozcat
December 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
All the time...

...I'm anal like that...:D

Childbride
December 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
a lot.

sometimes b/c of spelling/punctuation issues, and sometimes b/c when i re-read what i posted, it doesn't have the message i meant. i heard it one way in my head, then read it, and didn't like it /it didn't translate correctly.

i try, though, to put my edits in brackets if they are longer than 'immediate' so others know what i did.

we had a significant problem at the 'w' with people [or person] editing posts.