PDA

View Full Version : Items that you wish came relic'd?

ShortBuSX
December 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
The relic conversation has always made me think of other items that I wish would come relic'd...and I keep coming back to the idea of "relic'd cell phones".
It never fails, it maybe days, weeks or even months...but if I get a new cell phone, sooner or later I will get out of my car with the phone on my lap only to watch the damn thing skate across the parking lot:thwap:
So now I want a relic'd phone...one that looks like its got high mileage, worn in and missing most of its color...like a dog might have gotten ahold of it...but new, all at the same time.
Thats my idea *shrug*
You got any?

just strum
December 6th, 2008, 12:26 PM
How about an antique relic?

ShortBuSX
December 6th, 2008, 12:37 PM
How about an antique relic?

To be perfectly honest, Id really like a cell phone thats the size of a hefty cordless phone...then throw in all the modern features you want, then relic it for me!

sunvalleylaw
December 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Nah, I'll put my own mojo marks on my cell phones, mountain bikes, skis, guitars etc, though I try to have as few marks as possible on my guitars and electronics and guitars. Mountain bikes and skis just collect excellent mojo marks no matter what if you are using them.

ShortBuSX
December 6th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Nah, I'll put my own mojo marks on my...mountain bikes

Whoa! Hey! Dont scratch mah bike!
No, Id never want a reclic'd bike...Ive got a 15 year old Trek that still looks new, and thats not from lack of use.

just strum
December 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I have a Trek I will trade for a guitar or amp:D

ShortBuSX
December 6th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I have a Trek I will trade for a guitar or amp:D

Ehey, Ive got enough bikes...and it seems theres always a few laying around in need of repair. I know youre probably kidding, but try Craigslist, Ive had great luck selling a few on there.

street music
December 6th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I'm not into relics, if it's naturally aged that's alright, I don't like to see aging increase at a abnormal rate. IMO a fake is a fake, so if that's what you want go for it. Relic defined-an object venerated because of its association with a saint or martyr. Maybe it should be a FENDER cell phone in the shape of a Strat?????

just strum
December 6th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Ehey, Ive got enough bikes...and it seems theres always a few laying around in need of repair. I know youre probably kidding, but try Craigslist, Ive had great luck selling a few on there.

Nope, not kidding. Also have a Volkscycle (you will have to attempt to Google that one)

ShortBuSX
December 6th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Nope, not kidding. Also have a Volkscycle (you will have to attempt to Google that one)

Now youre talking about giving me money?:rotflmao:
Reminds me of a Schwinn LaTour...soon as wed see one of those walk in the shop, wed begin to hide!
I really mean no offense...Im sure it was a great bike, but it was repairing bikes like that(beachside) that make me glad I dont work in a shop anymore.

Ch0jin
December 8th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Being totally serious here.

Military models.

When I was younger I loved making model planes and tanks and assorted military models. The most time consuming part of making a cool military model is making it look used and abused. Matte washes, dry brushing, repositioning limbs and melting dents in fenders, bullet holes and oil streaks and all that kind of thing. Best use of "Relic'ing" I can think of.

As far as Music gear goes, I do like the look of yellowed "aged" maple necks. I find the 'new' maple necks just look a bit too clean for my tastes. Although it's worth mentioning all three of my guitars have rosewood fingerboards so....

Amps, well I love the look of lacquered tweed, but I'd rather wear one out myself than pay a LOT extra for the Fender re-issues that come with scratches and dings and water marks from glasses.