PDA

View Full Version : Vox Black Diamond Series....NO GO

TS808
December 7th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I don't know if anyone saw this or not (it's on valvetronix.net) but the long awaited Vox Black Diamond Series amp has been scrapped by Vox, due to cost.

With companies like Peavey (Vypyr), Line 6 (Spider Valve) and a few other companies producing less expensive modeling amps, Vox decided to scrap the production of the Black Diamond Series amp. The amp was going to be 200 watts and much like the blue series Valvetronix amps.

Robert
December 7th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Wow that is surprising! Sounds strange to me.

Andy
December 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
there are more amps available today than ever in the history of music , I'm not suprised that vox or any manufacture is considering what is out there already.

I'm looking into a new amp soon and the options are nothing short boggling, I've got a list 2 pages long of amps I would like to try out. ofcourse several are probably out of my sane price range

TS808
December 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Wow that is surprising! Sounds strange to me.

I guess they priced themselves out of the market. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.valvetronix.net/forums/black-diamond-will-not-come-t2224.html

If you look at the Vox amp website, the Black Diamond series isn't even listed anymore : (

Spudman
December 7th, 2008, 08:21 PM
They probably realized they could make the revenue with the Satchurator and Timeline pedals. Pedals would cost a lot less to produce.

SuperSwede
December 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM
The new VT´s looks like a lot of fun... The Black Diamond was too expensive for a modeling/tube hybrid anyway.