PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

lern2swim
December 8th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Just registered the other day and I figured I'd introduce myself instead of just starting in with random posts.

I'm into mostly hard rock and metal. I do have fairly wide ranging tastes though. Big fan of NIN, Tool, Machine Head, Sikth, Soundgarden, AIC, etc. I do enjoy other genres but I'd be lying if I didn't say that was the main area of listening.

I'm 27. Bought my first guitar when I was around 20 but never really committed until recently. I'd say I'm a novice at this point. Starting to jam with a coworker who plays drums with the intention of getting a band together. No millionaire rock star dreams, I'd be happy just gigging around locally(preferably before I'm 40 haha)

I'm a lefty(YAY!!!). At the moment I've got an agile ab3500 baritone and a cheapo ibanez grx20(my first guitar). My intention is to get an lp of some sort soon(possibly one of the agile al's as I am very happy with the baritone). The plan is to have the baritone for drop tuning, the lp for drop d, and the ibanez(and whatever I replace it with) for standard tuning. Of course, then, the gas will take over and I'll end up with a stable of 30 guitars. That's how it works, right? :thwap:

Right now, I'm playing through a little 30w ss crate combo amp. I'm hoping to upgrade soon. I'm sure I'll be pestering the board for recommendations sometime soon.

That's pretty much it. See you all around.

tot_Ou_tard
December 8th, 2008, 06:21 AM
If you're gigging by the time that you are 40, you'll have a lot of us beat.

& yes, you'll have a stable (if not a backyard full) of guitars.

Welcome!

warren0728
December 8th, 2008, 06:55 AM
welcome lern2swim....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Blaze
December 8th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Welcome & Bienvennue ! Lern2_swim , where are you from ..

Blazes:AOK:

duhvoodooman
December 8th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Welcome to The Fret, L2S! Glad to have you with us. Those Agile LP's are a tremendous value. If I didn't already have my Epi Elitist LP Std., that's the guitar I'd be looking at to scratch the LP itch....

Spudman
December 8th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Of course, then, the gas will take over and I'll end up with a stable of 30 guitars. That's how it works, right? :thwap:

Boy don't you know it. If you can stop at 30 then you are indeed a master.:master:

Welcome.:wave:

Robert
December 8th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Welcome! Enjoy the stable of guitars!

oldguy
December 8th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Welcome to TheFret, lern2swim! Glad you joined us here.
I own one Agile LP, and I love it. You came to the right place to ask questions AND find support justifying G.A.S. purchases..........:D

sunvalleylaw
December 8th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Welcome lern2swim! Nice to have you here.

Brian Krashpad
December 10th, 2008, 07:55 AM
The plan is to have the baritone for drop tuning, the lp for drop d, and the ibanez(and whatever I replace it with) for standard tuning. Of course, then, the gas will take over and I'll end up with a stable of 30 guitars. That's how it works, right? :thwap:

That is, in fact, EXACTLY how it works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/BrianKrashpad/004_04.jpg

Welcome!