PDA

View Full Version : 28 Years Ago Tonite as I watched Monday Night Football...

wingsdad
December 8th, 2008, 01:18 PM
...I think the Jets were playing...I don't really remember ....

Howard Cosell interrupted Dandy Don Meredith's yodeling and Frank Gifford's plastic play-by-play calling to announce that John Lennon had been shot outside his home at the Dakota in NYC...and shortly after that, that Lennon had been pronounced dead at the hospital.

The game didn't matter anymore.

:cry:

just strum
December 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I didn't find out until later that morning. I got up for work and there was this endless playing of Beatles songs.

R_of_G
December 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I also found out the next morning. I was only 10, but I remember it vividly as if it were yesterday. :(

ted s
December 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I think I was about 13, riding the school bus and heard it on the radio.
Strange, I guess it was the same stretch of road a few years earlier I heard about Elvis.

Blaze
December 8th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I was on Vancouver Island B.C., 6h30 in the morning ,my boss picked me up at my place and i felt something wrong in his voice .He told me about Lennon death and he started to cry . I ll remember this day for the rest of my life..

Blazes

sunvalleylaw
December 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I remember talking to people at the "smoking area" at our high school. (I didn't smoke, but had friends that did.) Everyone was stunned.

I frankly don't remember if I heard it on the radio or anything the night before. I do remember that day at school though.

just strum
December 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
(I didn't smoke, but had friends that did.)
Sure, and you are probably one of those guys that had Playboys for the articles and didn't look at the pictures.:D

Childbride
December 8th, 2008, 06:19 PM
i was 11... i was at gram's house. the s.a. express had a huge spread on his death, and i read every word. twice. i remembered being very sad, b/c i loved his music. i remember being sad for his family, too.

sumitomo
December 8th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I remember talking to people at the "smoking area" at our high school. (I didn't smoke, but had friends that did.) Everyone was stunned.

You guys were lucky we had to go out to the railroad tracks to hit the bong.Or as I told my teachers it's a vietnamese flower pot.Sumi:D

Tone2TheBone
December 9th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah I was a senior in high school too like Sunvalley. I had heard the news on the stereo at home. Next day I too hung out at the "smoking" area at school and everyone was in utter shock. That feeling lingered all day long even amoungst the faculty. We were allowed to play our radios in class as they honored John all day long playing his music and the music of the Beatles. To this day I just cannot believe someone could have done such a thing as to kill John Lennon.