PDA

View Full Version : F-18 crashed in San Diego

Robert
December 8th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Thought maybe we have some Fretter brothers in San Diego?

SAN DIEGO (Reuters) - A fighter jet crashed on Monday into a California neighborhood near San Diego after the pilot ejected, destroying two homes, officials said.

Television images showed smoke billowing from the crash site of an F/A-18D fighter in a tightly packed suburban neighborhood near Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.

"At this point in time, there's no confirmation of any injuries or any fatalities on the ground," Maurice Luque, a spokesman for the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, told cable channel MSNBC.

just strum
December 8th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Two killed. Being in the aerospace business, this is always big news.

just strum
December 8th, 2008, 05:12 PM
This is strange

msnbc.com staff and news service reports:

..."I found the parachute, but there was no one in the parachute," Larson said. He said someone from from the air base inspected the chute as well but there was no one in the area.

Maurice Luque, a spokesman for the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, said he didn't know whether anyone was injured.

A Miramar spokeswoman said base workers were sent to the crash site.

"We are still trying to confirm the aircraft even belongs to us," said Marine Staff Sgt. Bobbie Bryant.

piebaldpython
December 8th, 2008, 06:23 PM
"We are still trying to confirm the aircraft even belongs to us," said Marine Staff Sgt. Bobbie Bryant.[/QUOTE]

Say WHAT????? They're not sure if it's a USA fighter jet????? Oh, that's just great and wonderful news, isn't it??? Well, if that isn't a USA fighter jet, the stock market will tumble right on down the HILL and into the RIVER. Holy crap!!!

marnold
December 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Say WHAT????? They're not sure if it's a USA fighter jet????? Oh, that's just great and wonderful news, isn't it??? Well, if that isn't a USA fighter jet, the stock market will tumble right on down the HILL and into the RIVER. Holy crap!!!
I'm guessing she meant a Marines fighter as opposed to Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Air National Reserve, etc.

tot_Ou_tard
December 8th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I used to live within walking distance of where the plane crashed. I had friends that lived two blocks away. My kids went to elementary school nearby.

The Miramar planes were always REALLY loud.

Truly weird.