PDA

View Full Version : Think I found my amp

Jimi75
December 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Well, the ebay sales went well so far and I got some cash to buy an amp. My dream was either a Marshall JTM45 or the H&K Statesman. I have found an amp tech here in Germany (more practical for me that Ceriatone) and he builds the JTM45 Clone for the budget I have. The review of his products are excellent.

What do you think of this amp?
I like it very much and I can imagine firing it up with my next purchase the Xotic BB Preamp ;-)

pJKSSML8Gz4

Tone2TheBone
December 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM
It's got the deep solid bass response of a Marshall. I say yeah man go for it.

oldguy
December 9th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Judging from that video, it sounds good, and if it takes pedals well, I think it would be a bargain.
I would check the build quality and reviews, and go from there.
Is it hand-wired ptp, or printed circuit board?
That may make a difference, or not, later down the road, if it needs repairs.
Sounds good, though.

bigoldron
December 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Sounds like a beaut to me Jimi! Go for it! :AOK:

Robert
December 9th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I'd like a JTM-45 too, but they are bloody expensive! Sounds like you have a great option right there.

M29
December 9th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Sounds sweet Jimi and plenty of power! Nothing like tubes and Marshalls.

M29

tjcurtin1
December 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Hmmm. I don't know, there's something a little hollow to the sound, to my ears.

sunvalleylaw
December 9th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I trust your ears. I really would love the H&K, but you have had the opportunity to hear all of them. This one sounds great too, and if it is the Marshall sound you want, I say go for it. But I do have to correct you: I think you meant that you found your Amph! Bring on the screaming solos!

Jimi75
December 10th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Hey folks,

Thank you for your positive feedback. The AMPH is handwired point to point. Due to guarantee and repair service I also think of buying the original Marshall though it is pretty expensive. But so far I am with this CLONE baby.

Here's a better quality vid of the same amph, hope this gives you a better impression. To me the JTM45 is the perfect breed between a Fender and a Marshall.

gl6u8F1mI6Q

marnold
December 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
The videos can give an idea, but that's about it. You really need to feel the air moving right next to it. A video with heavily compressed audio through inexpensive computer speakers probably won't do it justice.