PDA

View Full Version : Telecaster - small video

Iago
June 21st, 2006, 10:02 AM
Hi people!

I made a crappy home video today using my webcam...

well I ould like you guys to hear that first before saying anything else.. I used my Telecaster on this one. I have some problems recording too... after usually 20 seconds of video the only thing i got is hiss on the sound... I dont know exactly what`s that, anyone has a clue? So I can only record for short lenghts...then edit and paste it together... oh my, thats a pain in the a** I also compressed it a lot... so the file is 1 minute and about 3 Mb if I can remember!

that`s it.. that old little riff is stolen from a John Mayall recording with Peter Green... but in a different key...

Link: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E5F0D49D5B09E9B4

Thanks for any comment!

Iago

Iago
June 21st, 2006, 10:06 AM
"before saying anything else..." what a lier! :D

SuperSwede
June 21st, 2006, 10:17 AM
Hey Mr Bluesman :)

Very nice Iago!! I would like to hear that with the neck pickup, would be much smoother! (yes I am a neck pickup junkie... ;) )

Iago
June 21st, 2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks SSwede... I`ll record something changing the pickups while playing tomorrow... I gotta go to work now -_-

M29
June 21st, 2006, 04:02 PM
Hello Iago,

I like that! Now if I could slow it down :D

Keep em comin!

M29

srv-fan68
June 21st, 2006, 05:41 PM
Very nice. Impressive speed too.

Katastrophe
June 21st, 2006, 06:47 PM
Love the riff, man! Your vid is an excellent example of why Teles make such good guitars for the blues. Twang on, and great job!:DR :R :D

Iago
June 21st, 2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks guys! I`ll record some more stuff tomorrow or friday morning.... Keep on rOCKIN`

Oh, im just back from my first jam in the USA!! :)

Tim
June 22nd, 2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Iago - Good playing. I could feel the soul and mojo in that short session you had there. Us fellow Floridians need to set up a jam session. I think we have about 5 or 6 now registered on the Fret Net. We need to develop a plan and follow it through. Then record it for our fellow Fretters.

Robert
June 22nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah! You sound like a real bluesman at the age of 79!

Iago
June 22nd, 2006, 09:09 PM
Tim,
that would be really cool.. I jammed with some guys in a bar about 1 mile away from my home yesterday night..it was pretty cool... though i used a Washburn heavy metal-like guitar from one of the guys... not my thing hehehe! Im gonna carry my Tele or the Mustang next wednesday maybe!

Rob,
I`ll be posting some more stuff soon if I can solve the loud hissing problem. Thanks for the inspiration!

jpfeifer
June 23rd, 2006, 10:20 AM
Iago,

Nice playing man! I like your phrasing. You have some cool sounding licks going on there.

-- Jim

Justaguyin_nc
June 23rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
Nice Iago...the video looked good.. playing was pleasing to these ears... glad you got the Tele_blues safe and sound in shipping.. play on brother play on....

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2006, 12:27 PM
Iago - No wonder I can't remember seeing people's Valve Jr. videos.....our stoopit filter blocks personal storage sites from work! Email me the actual file can you?

Iago
August 22nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
sure Tone! after reading your thread i made some more small videos... (6Mb)
Im uploading that right now, and Ill send it to you right after!

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2006, 01:14 PM
Oh cool. Thanks man. :)

Iago
August 22nd, 2006, 01:16 PM
one more video...
http://rapidshare.de/files/30379589/tele_valve_jr_test.wmv.html

first part using the neck pu only, then just bridge.. (sounds too brittle when recorded to me, actual sound is a bit better hehehe)

Equip.: Tele classic series MIM - cable - Epi Valve Jr with volume between 1 and 2 o` clock

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Iago - Very cool bro this is just what I was looking for. Thank you!