PDA

View Full Version : A Visit to the Music Shop

just strum
December 9th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Usually I work through all or most of my lunch, but since I am counting down the days, I decided to take a drive at lunch today. It is cold and raining here today and a visit to a warm music shop was just the ticket.

The store is primarily a Fender shop, but on this visit they had some Epi LP's, an Ibanez HB, and some Michael Kelly guitars.

I am not a big LP fan, so I didn't bother with them. Since I was running short on time, I stuck with playing two Strats. Plug them in to a Fender Blues Jr. and played around for about 15 minutes until the sales guy finally came over to make his pitch.

I told the guy I was just looking, unplugged the guitar, put it on the rack and then walked towards the back. I proceeded to select about $6.00 in picks and paid for them.

I'm sure the guy was expecting a Christmas sale and was disappointed. However, he has no idea how disappointed I was to be walking out with just $6.00 in picks.

just strum
December 9th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Oh, and these picks are great and to think - 11 for under $6.00:poke:

One Fender V sharp tip - heavy
One Fender V round tip - medium
four "Cool" V picks (2-1.0mm and 2- 0.75mm)
a really thick 208USA
and the last four they had of my favorite Stubby 1.00

bigoldron
December 9th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Dang, man, you sound like me. Drool all over the good stuff and buy a set of strings or a handful of picks. That's the usual course of action. The one time I did actually buy a guitar, I returned it the next day. Oh, and one other time I bought one from an actual music store, I wound up selling it to some nut from Ohio. :poke:

just strum
December 9th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I wound up selling it to some nut from Ohio. :poke:

Probably a Buckeye.

tot_Ou_tard
December 10th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I was checking out the Fender Princeton 65 Reissue at the best buy music store.

After I was done the guy asked me how I liked the amp, so I I told him that I thought it was great.

Guy: "So should I go in back & grab you one?"

Me: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Algonquin
December 10th, 2008, 12:55 PM

After I was done the guy asked me how I liked the amp, so I I told him that I thought it was great.

Best Buy in Canada are not on commission, are they elsewhere?

ShortBuSX
December 10th, 2008, 01:40 PM
playing two Strats. Plug them in to a Fender Blues Jr. and played around for about 15 minutes...and then walked...

How do you walk away from such a great combo???
Is this a review about picks?:thwap:

Did these Strats have a name??? :poke:

ShortBuSX
December 10th, 2008, 01:41 PM

"Hey yeah, grab yourself one too...I'll meet you out back with the getaway car!" :rotflmao:

street music
December 11th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I was out with the Mrs today and drove within 500 ft of the guitar shop but wouldn't allow myself to go in because I have enough gear right now until I learn to play much better. I'm going to try and get down enough practice time to play at least 4 songs with ability to make it worthy of posting on this site. Until then GAS-GAS-GAS.