PDA

View Full Version : Peavey Classic 30 for sale

Kazz
December 9th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I finally took the plunge, the ole Peavey is up on Ebay.

Kazz's Classic 30 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=120347715381)

Call me crazy but its just sitting around collecting dust...and it really should be with someone who will use it.

stingx
December 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM
http://img90.exs.cx/img90/2365/k1ocray.gif

Kazz
December 9th, 2008, 08:16 PM
naaah no tears are being shed Stinger....It has not been played since August. I play much more acoustic than I ever do electric mainly because of the wife and kiddos....that classic 30 is just too loud to be played in a house.

duhvoodooman
December 9th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Man, that amp is in beautiful shape! Somebody oughta buy your amp and my Tele and they'd have a gorgeous rig for themselves! :dude: :rockon:

I know what you mean about 30 tube watts just being too much for home playing--exactly why Spudman has my Delta Blues now!

Tone2TheBone
December 9th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Wow that amph is clean. I normally don't mess up people's ads with mindless comments but since I already broke my own rule on Voo's ad I guess 2 infractions aren't too bad. You'll sell that amph easy on the 'bay especially with your rating and feedback.

Kazz
December 10th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the comments they give me encouragement. I try my best to take really good care of all my toys. I am hoping to sell this in time to be able to buy Ron's Vox....and then I am hoping to win the fret.net raffle so I can get me a duhvoodooman pedal :-)

Brian Krashpad
December 10th, 2008, 07:17 AM
naaah no tears are being shed Stinger....It has not been played since August. I play much more acoustic than I ever do electric mainly because of the wife and kiddos....that classic 30 is just too loud to be played in a house.

Clearly, you have never been to Casa Krashpad!

Good luck with your sale.

Hmm, current bid $ 0.99...

I'll give you a dollar for it!

Kazz
December 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
202.50 right now and nowhere near the reserve....but I have a local person asking questions about if he is the winning bidder if I will allow him to pick it up to save the shipping.....answer is heck yeah save me the time of having to deal with packing and shipping :-)

just strum
December 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Checking out completed sales on e-bay, I would think you should get $350 and may just get your BIN price. Your only pitfall would be the time of year, but maybe you will find someone looking to buy themselves a Christmas gift.

Algonquin
December 10th, 2008, 07:09 PM
....that classic 30 is just too loud to be played in a house.
I hope you're not scaring folks away from your ad about it being to loud to be played in a house Kazz. It can be loud, but it's definately manageable. I've had mine for about 10 months now and think it's great! Folks, if your looking for a good durable amp that won't break your wallet or your back, I strongly recommend you consider this one.

Cheers :beer:
David

just strum
December 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I hope you're not scaring folks away from your ad about it being to loud to be played in a house Kazz. It can be loud, but it's definately manageable. I've had mine for about 10 months now and think it's great! Folks, if your looking for a good durable amp that won't break your wallet or your back, I strongly recommend you consider this one.

David

Good point.

Kazz, I'll give you $20 and pay shipping. That's my final offer.

sunvalleylaw
December 11th, 2008, 07:27 AM

David

Concur. I love mine too, and play mostly at the house. Kazz, I respect it is not your deal and you want something different, but it is a nice tube amph that can be used both at home and at a gig with a good strong drummer. I agree with David and if I did not have one I would be talking to you.

Kazz
December 12th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Guys...let me rephrase....the amp is great and ideal for blues/country/rock probably all genres as long as you expect something similar to a Fender and not something similar to a Marshall out of the box.

When I say too loud....I mean considering I have a 3 year old and 11 year old and a wife (mainly the wife :-)

looking good so far....have had a local guy ask me if I would waive the shipping if he picked the amp up after work...and another guy trying to bargain on the shipping price if he uses the buy it now.

There are 30 people watching and current high bid is $227.50 which is shy of the reserve but there are still 4 1/2 days left....as much as I would love to scoop up a buy it now sale...I also would love to sit back and see what happens in the closing moments too.....I love that auction rush.

Tone2TheBone
December 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM
You'll get over your reserve easy and probably a little more you still have a ways on the auction. *thumbs up*

bigoldron
December 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Wait it out Kazz! If you've got that much interest, I can almost guarantee you'll have a bidding war at the last minute! Good luck! :AOK:

Kazz
December 12th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Wait it out Kazz! If you've got that much interest, I can almost guarantee you'll have a bidding war at the last minute! Good luck! :AOK:

Here's hopin......This is actually starting to be a little bit of fun...I have already picked out the box to ship it in.

Kazz
December 16th, 2008, 05:57 AM
We are coming down to it now...14 hours left...sitting on $280 with a $325 reserve. There are 50 watchers. I woke up to a person asking a really good question that allowed me to elaborate some also gave me the opportunity to add in the answer that if the bidding hits $400 or higher I would throw in free ups ground shipping :-)

Kazz
December 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM
We have an auction….just broke the reserve price of $325…and have almost 4 hours to go still…..now it gets interesting.

bigoldron
December 16th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I woke up to a person asking a really good question that allowed me to elaborate some also gave me the opportunity to add in the answer that if the bidding hits $400 or higher I would throw in free ups ground shipping :-)

Son, nothing in this world is free. By the time Ebay and Paypal both take their cut and you pay shipping, you'll definitely cut your profit margin by chunk. I'm just glad you're getting a good price for it! Good luck! :AOK:

just strum
December 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Okay folks, as of 6:21 PM Eastern Std Time it is at $345 with 2 hours and 34 minutes to go.

Get your guesses in on what you think the winning bid will be.

I'm going $409, because she's real fine, my 409.

Kazz
December 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM
You were awful close Strummy....it went for $404....

bigoldron
December 16th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Congrats Kazz! You did get $404!

Tone2TheBone
December 16th, 2008, 11:31 PM
That's a good price on that amph congrats.

Kazz
December 17th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Now the hunt for a Vox Ad30Vt begins.....say....have any of you tried the original Line 6 Spider amps? The red ones? They have always interested me...but I bought a Spider III 15w and sold it almost as quick as I bought it...sounded terrible.

bigoldron
December 17th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Now the hunt for a Vox Ad30Vt begins.....say....have any of you tried the original Line 6 Spider amps? The red ones? They have always interested me...but I bought a Spider III 15w and sold it almost as quick as I bought it...sounded terrible.

There's several for sale on Ebay right now. Some appear to be really good prices, especially now that you've got some spare change. :D

wingsdad
December 17th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Congrats Kazz! You did get $404!

Ditto, Kazz :AOK: Ya done good. My Local GAS Station, a Peavey dealer, sells the Classic 30 in either color. He had one guy bring in a pair, one of each, on a trade. They sold for $399 each. (I think they're $599 new?)

just strum
December 17th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Nice going Kazz. A bit nerve-wracking, eh!!!