PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Raffle

Robert
December 9th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks everyone (especially Tot) who are so excited about the Holiday Raffle idea. Unfortunately, we can't do a raffle here at the Fret. The reason is that our company who runs this forum does not have a license for running a raffle. In Canada, you do need a license for this. It would be illegal for us to run this raffle otherwise. But don't despair!

Thanks to the big heart of DuhVoodooMan (and his, electronically speaking, swift and solder-experienced fingers), he is taking over this raffle and is running it from his website. Go to the holiday raffle page (http://duhvoodooman.com/FN_raffle.htm) over at his site if you are interested in this. All details are laid out there. This means that TheFret.Net is in no way affiliated with this raffle, just to make this clear. It is entirely run by individuals in the United States of America. Thanks Vood!

Thanks for your understanding, but we have to play nice and follow the rules. :)

marnold
December 9th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Actually I believe you may need one in the U.S. of A. too. DVM might want to czech his local ordinances.

duhvoodooman
December 9th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I think I should be OK on this, since mine is a home web server and I've made it clear on the page that this is a private raffle event, not-for-profit, with part of the proceeds going to charity. So I'll take my chances.

Please note that the rules have changed a wee bit along with this change of venue, but still adhere to what I think we were all pretty well agreed upon. If there are any questions/comments, I can be contacted by PM here or via the PayPal e-mail address that's linked from the main raffle page.

Thanks to all and we'll try to make this change as smooth as possible. Again, here's the link for the new raffle page on my site:

Holiday Raffle Page (http://duhvoodooman.com/FN_raffle.htm)

Tone2TheBone
December 9th, 2008, 11:04 PM
You lawyer types out there should have spotted this before it got out of hand. J/K. :beer:

M29
December 10th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Tell me how it's gunna be George, tell me how it's gunna be...I'm startin to get itchy, everything is going to be alright...isn't it...:eek:

Algonquin
December 10th, 2008, 12:15 PM
It's ok M29... you can pet the rabbits ;)

M29
December 10th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Ooh nice and fuzzy them wabbits.:rotflmao:

tot_Ou_tard
December 12th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Ahhh, there have gotta be more Fretter's that want to join in the fun.

Warren, Geez'...?

warren0728
December 12th, 2008, 09:34 AM
i'm trying but i can't connect to dvm's site at the moment.... :thwap:

tot_Ou_tard
December 12th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I just noticed that as well. Whassup Vood?

duhvoodooman
December 12th, 2008, 09:45 AM
For those of you not aware, the Albany NY area has suffered through one of the worst ice storms to come through here in many years. Currently, there are nearly 200,000 people without power in the area, with the DVM castle being one casualty. Our power went out at a little after 2 AM and is still off. I'm at work as I post this, and we do (obviously!) have power here. So DVM.com is likely to be offline a bit longer. How much longer? Your guess is as good as mine. While having my own home web server is convenient in many respects, this is one of the disadvantages....

sunvalleylaw
December 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Whoa, I was not aware. Hang in there DVM!

warren0728
December 12th, 2008, 10:43 AM
hope you get your power back soon dvm....can there be a deadline extension due to these unforeseen circumstances....

duhvoodooman
December 12th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Dude, the deadline is JANUARY 9. How much more time you need?? :poke: ;)

warren0728
December 12th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Dude, the deadline is JANUARY 9. How much more time you need?? :poke: ;)
never mind....was thinking it was today.... :thwap:

duhvoodooman
December 12th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Power back on and duhvoodooman.com back on line.... :AOK: :dude: :AOK:

warren0728
December 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
money sent....i'm in.... :pancake:

Tibernius
December 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Ahhh, there have gotta be more Fretter's that want to join in the fun.

18 more to go...wait, make that 17. :D

Is this open to those outside of the US/US and Canada?

tot_Ou_tard
December 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Whoa Vood! I hope everyone is alright.

18 more to go...wait, make that 17. :D

Is this open to those outside of the US/US and Canada?
If an eligible Fretter can get the US funds to Vood, they are good to go.

Unfortunately, Tiberius you only have 83 posts. You need 100 by the time you submit the money.

Get posting!

Tibernius
December 12th, 2008, 05:20 PM
If an eligible Fretter can get the US funds to Vood, they are good to go.

Paypal shouldn't be a problem. :AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
December 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Paypal shouldn't be a problem. :AOK:

Make sure to wait until you have 100 posts.