PDA

View Full Version : Jimi on Lulu's show

M29
December 10th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I know most of you have already seen this but I just ran across it. I don't know how I missed it but I was really taken back by how young they were at this time.
Kind of neat near the end they play a short loose jam to Sunshine Of Your Love dedicated to Cream.

jE80W5xYbTI&feature=related

markb
December 10th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Ah! Saturday night TV in Britain in the 60's. Dr Who, The Billy Cotton Band Show and a variety programme hosted by one or other of the divas of the day.

Hendrix's appearance on the Dusty Springfield show was even more notable. At one point he touched Dusty on the arm (gasp!) and suggested that they were "very good friends". This appeared to come as a surprise to Dusty. I suspect her girlfriend was quite taken aback too :)

Robert
December 10th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Oh man. That's some sweet tone and playing. I probably wouldn't play strats if it wasn't for Jimi. Thanks for posting. I had not seen/heard that clip before.

Cool to see that out of tune moment... "whooooah"! :)

Did you catch the Beatles tune at 6:47?

Jimi75
December 11th, 2008, 02:37 AM
As far as I know they were supposed to play Hey Joe, but they Voodoo Child Slight Return instead. As this was a live performance they took advantage of the freedom to determin themselves what they wanted to play (*good old days*)

The clip is awesome, I love Jimi's sound and playing in this great clip. Jimi could recite all the other berands and musicians and he didn't do that to show off, but to show his respect for these colleagues.

:master:

sunvalleylaw
December 11th, 2008, 06:58 AM
That was great!

Tone2TheBone
December 11th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Things are much cooler in B/W. Excellent vid. Wah before fuzz...:beer: