PDA

View Full Version : Gearmanndude = Jack Black? Funny discussion

Jimi75
December 11th, 2008, 03:25 AM
On another forum there was a discussion going on if the guy in the gearmanndude youtube vids is Jack Black actually. You never see his face (why so?), he's got all the nice and expensive effects, so he must have a bunch of money if he hasn't a source that provides him all the effects in all their versions....and last but not least he sounds like Jack Black - he really does. There is a bunch of poeple swearing it is him, which would be way cool I think.

What's your guess? Below is a link to one video, from there on you can check some others too...

cObNVN6V6rA

R_of_G
December 11th, 2008, 08:02 AM
He sounds slightly like him, but not enough to convince me that it's Jack Black.

Spudman
December 11th, 2008, 09:59 AM
He sounds slightly like him, but not enough to convince me that it's Jack Black.

+1 plus Jack's playing style is different.

Tone2TheBone
December 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM
His hand isn't chubby enough. :D Plus he's got a very slight suthun' type accent.

R_of_G
December 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Plus he's got a very slight suthun' type accent.

I picked up on that too, especially the way he says "Telecaster." As Jack is from California, I don't think he'd have that kind of inflection.

Spudman
December 11th, 2008, 10:38 AM
He also smokes and Jack doesn't smoke. Also, I watched the tour of his lair video and there wasn't a single acoustic in sight. Jack plays acoustic a lot.

So, who is he................................................ tOt most likely.

Jimi75
December 11th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Holy! You guys are real "Columbos"!