PDA

View Full Version : Rules have been updated

Robert
December 11th, 2008, 01:33 PM
The forum rules have been updated today.

See the FAQ (http://www.thefret.net/faq.php) for the forum rules.

Anyone posting on this forum must abide by these rules.

bigoldron
December 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM
The forum rules have been updated today.

See the FAQ (http://www.thefret.net/faq.php) for the forum rules.

Anyone posting on this forum must abide by these rules.

Something up, Robert? Someone misbehaving? Inquiring minds want to know...

duhvoodooman
December 11th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Let's just say it's been a long week and leave it at that....

warren0728
December 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM
did i miss something....

Kazz
December 12th, 2008, 06:17 AM
did i miss something....

You and me both brotha....I read the new rules...and well I guess I should have read the old rules cuz I didnt see anything that was new and or didnt require just a bit of common sense :rockon:

ted s
December 12th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Anything to do with the banning of Shortbus ?
We must have missed something.

warren0728
December 12th, 2008, 10:47 AM
i'm a little surprised....i haven't read any post that should get someone banned.... :whatever:

Tone2TheBone
December 12th, 2008, 10:54 AM
It's cause they've been removed already Warren.

wingsdad
December 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Anything to do with the banning of Shortbus ?
We must have missed something.

did i miss something....

I read the new rules...and well I guess I should have read the old rules cuz I didnt see anything that was new and or didnt require just a bit of common sense...

Yeah, we've all read the rules when we came aboard, and probably only again when it's pointed out they've been updated, so deciphering what's changed or added can be mysterious. Kinda like when Kelloggs changes an ingredient in Frosted Flakes.:whatever:

It would help when the rules are updated to point out the modifications. Just so it's clear to all aboard what the most recent faux-pas was that precipitated the change.:master:

(I hope I didn't say anything that would get me sent to the corner...:confused: )

warren0728
December 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM
It's cause they've been removed already Warren.
okie dokie....

Robert
December 12th, 2008, 11:20 AM
All what was added was this part:

"Arguing with or rude behavior towards administrators or moderators will not be tolerated. You may NOT bring up any issues with administrators or moderators in any threads on this forum."

I have no intention to make life hard for anyone, but if it's determined that someone is out of line, it's not debatable. A lot of work is put into this place by moderators and administrators, and we just ask of everyone to accept our rules and guidelines. Pretty simple and common sense.

duhvoodooman
December 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM
It would help when the rules are updated to point out the modifications. Just so it's clear to all aboard what the most recent faux-pas was that precipitated the change.
I think the most significant change is this one:

"Arguing with or rude behavior towards administrators or moderators will not be tolerated. You may NOT bring up any issues with administrator or moderators on this forum."

In general, we have an amazingly civil and well-behaved group here, and moderating is, for the most part, what I would consider pretty "light duty". Don't know if it's the bad economy, stressful time of the year, or what, but we had a couple of, er, "incidents" in the past week that made it necessary to re-emphasize the rules here and add some new specifics. None of us mods want to be hard-a**es here, but on the other hand we expect our authority to respected.

If you should hear from a moderator about something and you disagree with what you're told, contact Robert and get his ruling. It's his forum and he calls the shots. But let's be clear--it's not a democracy here, folks, it's a dictatorship, albeit a benevolent one. I believe even-handed enforcement of those rules is a big part of what keeps The Fret an oasis of civility in the seething internet ocean of profanity and rude behavior. We mods don't claim to do a perfect job here, but I know every one of us tries to be reasonable and fair.

So, please--don't be giving the moderator a ration of you-know-what when he's just trying to enforce the forum rules. And don't start posting private PM discussions with mods in the public forum. This would seem to be common sense and just plain considerate behavior.

Brian Krashpad
December 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Well, I missed the drama.

Rules make sense to me.

The only place I ever get in trouble is the gear page. Never a bit of trouble anywhere else, but 3 warnings there! Ha. They're a smidge touchy.

sunvalleylaw
December 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I look at it this way, civil discussion, even (EDIT: Maybe even especially) when members disagree, is fine . . . if it is on topic, and civil. If it is not, or if the post violates a rule, it is a moderator's job to either re-direct the conversation or take other action if necessary. If some post violates a rule, and a moderator makes a ruling saying so, or otherwise gives direction or takes action, then it needs to be respected. Also, personal attacks against any member are not tolerated here. That is one thing that makes it a good place. A civil discussion that is on topic is about the issue, not the person.

Unfortunately, and I do mean unfortunately as no moderator here wants to take action, the line was crossed. Those posts were deleted as per the rules. It is too bad, and I am glad it does not happen much.

Andy
December 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'm amazed by how civil this place is compared to other forums.
thats why I like it here.
People in forums often forget that membership is a prividge not a right .
when your invited into in someones house with open arms, the least that is expected is to abide by their rules.

ibanezjunkie
July 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
Robert has sent me a warning for swearing on an occasion, but thats sort of minor and i hope is forgiven.

other than myself (further apologies guys) i dont think ive seen any rule breaking.

no trolls, spammers or anything really.

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
Dude, seriously, are you out of school today or something? Is there any thread you don't feel compelled to respond to? You do realize this thread is six months old don't you?

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
Or are you just trying to run up your number of posts by posting on every thread?

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Because we could all do that, but damn it would get annoying.

luvmyshiner
Don't you think?

luvmyshiner
Seriously?

luvmyshiner
Dude?:D

ibanezjunkie
July 3rd, 2009, 04:15 PM
no im just sort of bored...so im finding interesting threads or posts to respond to

and isnt penta-posting a warnable offense? :P

and no i wasnt out of school today, but its just as boring there as it is at home alone :dude:

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Ok, I think I can help you with your problem son. Slowly . . . put the keyboard down . . . back away from the computer . . . and . . . GET A LIFE!

Seriously son, go outside, you know, outside, where there is fresh air, and sunshine (the sun, you know, the bright yellow thing up in the sky that makes it hot and gives us light). Or give Emma a call, I'm sure she'd love to hear from you. Or play one of your guitars. There's a big old world out there that's just passing you by while you're sitting in front of your computer getting all pasty looking and wasting away.:rotflmao:

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 03:55 AM
thanks for the input :AOK:

but it was an unusually boring evening, id already been playing guitar since i got home, while sort of on here at the same time, if that makes sense.

also, i dont particularly like the sun at the moment, already been burned.

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 03:56 AM
oh btw, last night for me was about 4 or 5 in the afternoon for you over in USA. so while it was mid afternoon for you it was getting on for 10/11 at night over here.

Rocket
July 4th, 2009, 04:21 AM
oh btw, last night for me was about 4 or 5 in the afternoon for you over in USA. so while it was mid afternoon for you it was getting on for 10/11 at night over here.
No kiddin'?
We ignorant colonists could never have figgered that out... that's genius-level cipherin' on yer part!

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 04:39 AM
im not saying you couldnt have figured it out i was just stating that while i was being told to go outside and enjoy the sun (which i had been all day) it was about 11 at night.

just strum
July 4th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Suns down, damnedest thing that it happens every 24 hours.

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
god i feel inadequate now >_>

sorry.

just strum
July 4th, 2009, 03:34 PM
god i feel inadequate now >_>

sorry.

????

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 03:36 PM
????

just the whole experience, i went out all day today though.

you guys generally cracking at my comebacks.

never mind, i think Shiner is bored of this ongoing conversation now, you can go play with your dog Strum =]

just strum
July 4th, 2009, 03:37 PM
just the whole experience, i went out all day today though.

you guys generally cracking at my comebacks.

never mind, i think Shiner is bored of this ongoing conversation now, you can go play with your dog Strum =]

Just busting b's - just thicken the skin

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM
this is all rather unusual.

completely off topic in a forum about new rules :thwap:

just strum
July 4th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Never thought about it, but your right.

luvmyshiner
July 4th, 2009, 04:09 PM
i think Shiner is bored of this ongoing conversation now

Son, I was bored with the conversation before it began.:D

Hey, itsn't it nighttime over there now??? Go to bed young man! Get up early and start working on that life we talked about.:poke:

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 04:13 PM
lol its quater past 11 :D

its sunday tomorrow so...that means lay in bed till like 12 then do homework -yawn-

Spudman
July 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Since we're staying off topic for a bit...Ijunkie why don't you list the items in your signature horizontally so we don't have to scroll half a page to read your posts.

just strum
July 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Just in case there is some confusion:

Horizontal

hor⋅i⋅zon⋅tal⋅ly, adverb

1. at right angles to the vertical; parallel to level ground.
2. flat or level: a horizontal position.
3. being in a prone or supine position; recumbent: His bad back has kept him horizontal for a week.
4. near, on, or parallel to the horizon.
5. of or pertaining to the horizon.
6. measured or contained in a plane parallel to the horizon: a horizontal distance.

Spudman
July 5th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Just in case there is some confusion:

Horizontal

hor⋅i⋅zon⋅tal⋅ly, adverb

1. at right angles to the vertical; parallel to level ground.
2. flat or level: a horizontal position.
3. being in a prone or supine position; recumbent: His bad back has kept him horizontal for a week.
4. near, on, or parallel to the horizon.
5. of or pertaining to the horizon.
6. measured or contained in a plane parallel to the horizon: a horizontal distance.

Very nice.:AOK:

sumitomo
July 5th, 2009, 09:48 PM
You guys crack me up!!! I love it! IBjunkie if you get bored remember you can always bait hooks!! Sumi:D

Spudman
July 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM
IBjunkie if you get bored remember you can always bait hooks!! Sumi:D

So he'll get really good at it and become a master? ;)

Hopefully he'll do the horizontal thing before hook baiting. I'd hate to see a potential get sidetracked.

sumitomo
July 5th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Yea and there is a chance he could go blind!Sumi:D

ibanezjunkie
July 6th, 2009, 09:54 AM
erm, okay?

il see what i can do.

now that i understand h o r i z o n t a l l y eh strum? =]

SuperSwede
July 6th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Ehrmm.. how about keeping this thread to the original subject?

ibanezjunkie
July 6th, 2009, 02:39 PM
+1 on the ending of off topic posting xD