PDA

View Full Version : What s your best memory of a christmas gift

Blaze
December 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM
1971, I received from my older sister and her boy friend of the time, my first vinyl LP. " Pink Floyd - Meedle ",
i was 13 and that night my life took a turn and entered a whole new dimension.

The same year i bought myself Led Zeppelin 2 and so on........

What s your best one , relate to music or not .....

http://www.geocities.com/rogerwaters1000/meddle.jpg

Blazes:rockon:

street music
December 11th, 2008, 08:41 PM
BLAZES, I guess you are asking what our best Christmas gift was?? That would be a hard one to decide for a guy of 53, I've had many but on the music end of it, I guess my best one so far is my GODIN DETOUR my son brought to me about 2years ago.

pes_laul
December 11th, 2008, 09:04 PM
ah I remember like it was only a year ago (wait it was:thwap: )

It was Christmas day.........I didn't sleep much due to anticipation........My Grandma had cookies out on the table (ya know those little ones with either santa or rudolph on them:AOK: ) And I remember my Dad had just woke up and we were waiting for my big brother to get up. when he finally did we went to the tree and started unwrapping presents. My Brother, being really cool got me some picks, strings, and Mario Kart. And my Grandma got me some clothes and stuff like that and then they all pitched in to get me something.........What I thought was a vacuum cleaner for my grandma with a santa tarp around it turned out to be for me. I remember them saying "go ahead and open it Kristopher!" And as I pulled the tarp off, I revealed the most beautiful blue Ibanez I had ever seen. I know I hadn't brought my amph with me to my Dad's but I didn't need an amph to get screaming solos with this thing:dude:

marnold
December 11th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Probably the G.I. Joe Mercury spacecraft that I got back in the mid-70s. That thing RULED. The only problem was that it took about 3/4 of Christmas day for my dad and me to get Joe's spacesuit on him.

A friend of mine also had one just like that. Many years later we decided to see what would happen if we strapped an entire pack of firecrackers to him. His suit was ruined but Joe was fine--just some blast marks.

More recently, my favorite memory would be how my second son reacted when he opened up every present a couple of years ago. He'd exclaim, "It's JUST what I wanted!" Not one hint of sarcasm or anything--just pure joy. I wish I could have one of those moments personally again.

Blaze
December 11th, 2008, 09:56 PM
BLAZES, I guess you are asking what our best Christmas gift was?? .

Ya right change the title , it was a bit confusing...

Robert
December 11th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I remember my dad bringing my a brand new bicycle when I was 6. Then shortly after, I forgot it in a snow bank and the plow ran over it and totally demolished it. :cry:

Algonquin
December 11th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I remember my dad bringing my a brand new bicycle when I was 6. Then shortly after, I forgot it in a snow bank and the plow ran over it and totally demolished it. :cry:
Snow plow drivers are evil... that's all I have to say about that!

A nice memory about your Dad though... thanks for sharing.

Childbride
December 11th, 2008, 10:51 PM
i started dating shiner in november of double-ought.

my favoritest xmas was meeting his kids that year.

and my favoritest xmas present every single year since has been seeing them during the holidays.

we've been short-handed at work, [and i Bless every day that i have a job, and am not witching] been working long hours for free [salary],

but i get to see them both for a week at xmas at the same time this year [took the whole week off], and i need not a single other present this season. :)

the bestest present is Love. hands down. :)

LagrangeCalvert
December 11th, 2008, 11:03 PM
when I was 7, my mother and father bought me a american standard strat.... that I sold when I was 14 for a BC RICH warlock....... I was an idiot, and my father wanted to kill me.....

hubberjub
December 11th, 2008, 11:23 PM
My dad bought me a brand new Gibson Les Paul Studio for Christmas in 1992. I still own it and it's been modified to the extreme. I rarely play it because I have much better guitars but it has the most sentimental value of any of them. That's saying a lot since I have three custom built guitars.

sunvalleylaw
December 11th, 2008, 11:41 PM
My best Christmas memories were getting my Mom and Grandma things. The one that stands out right now is a music box Christmas Toy chest and some Snowmen figurines holding hands I got my Grandma that she just loved. She passed on long ago, but we put them out at Christmas time every year now.

I do also remember receiving one year a wind up old school robot (this was back in the 60's or maybe 1970) and a big plastic M-16 (I don't know who gave me that. We never received modern gun toys in our house). I ran around all day shooting that robot from behind boxes and wrappings in my Grandma and Grandpa's house where we spent Christmas each year.

SuperSwede
December 12th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I got a awesome Roland sound canvas from my wife (girlfriend at the time) many years ago.. we had almost no money since we just moved together but somehow she managed to buy this precious item for me...

Tone2TheBone
December 12th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I had a bunch but one that I'll always remember was getting that Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas. And no I never shot my eye out with it.

M29
December 12th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I remember being thrilled when I got my Tiger Joe radio controlled tank, I just love tanks. :munch:

bigoldron
December 12th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I don't necessarily consider it my best Christmas memory, but there's 2 that stick with me. The first being that one of one particular uncle of mine giving me the same Charlie Daniels - Fire on the Mountain record album 3 Christmases in a row. :whatever:

The other is my cousin giving me the loving gift of a Brut (by Faberge) gift pack one year, still in the Kmart bag - not even wrapped. :whatever:

My family borders on insanity most of the time anyway. :messedup:

sunvalleylaw
December 12th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I had a bunch but one that I'll always remember was getting that Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas. And no I never shot my eye out with it.

Now I am always going to picture the main character as you when I watch that Christmas movie. The leg lamp (lamph?) is classic!

Katastrophe
December 12th, 2008, 11:07 AM
First acoustic under the tree, when I was about 12 years old.

Took a while to take to it, but music took hold and stuck around age 15, and hasn't let go since.

Bloozcat
December 12th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Well, "best" depended upon my age at the time.

When I was 9, I'd have probably said that it was the complete NY Giants football uniform I got that year.

When I was 10 it was definitely the Flexible Flyer sled.

When I was 11 it was my first hockey stick (it didn't have to cost a lot).

When I was 13 I'd have said the Crossman .22 cal pellet rifle I got.

When I was 14 it would have been the cheap, Japanese electric guitar I got (which was light years ahead of the crappy acoustic I had).

After that, I don't recall any presents that really stand out...although my mother used to say that no matter what it was I would always say that it was just what I always wanted (I was a happy kid at Christmas, what can I say...:) )

Since my wife and I have been married (25 years now) our Christmas' have been just pure joy. We indulge each other with a bunch of presents, but we both agree that the best present we get every year is each other. And we have God to thank for that.

LagrangeCalvert
December 12th, 2008, 01:08 PM
The leg lamp (lamph?) is classic!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Radioboy950
December 12th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Had to be a Sears SG copy, with a Sears amp. Action was a tad HIGH, never stayed in tune, and a bogus Bigsby-type whammy made sure it always sounded out of whack. But man, it sure looked pretty. I believe there were many jam sessions featuring “Smoke on the Water” and “Paranoid”. Good times…good times, indeed. :dude:

I also scored one year with Marnold's GI Joe Space rig...that did rock!

hagarfreak33
December 16th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I was just talking to my Father about this-when i was a kid my favorite gift was an Atari system with pac-man and space invaders-i loved that thing and its still working at my fathers house-he told me the story about how he got it for us-we didn't have a ton of money so my father did side jobs-painting-welding anything-he got a job that paid 75$ and the atari system.Someone he knew had 2 of them.greatest gift ever.:D