PDA

View Full Version : Some dude on youtube is impersonating our very own Oldguy

Lev
December 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM
G5o74Lodmpg

Algonquin
December 12th, 2008, 02:27 PM
That's good Lev :AOK:

I looked at some of his other clips and liked what I heard.
Cheers :beer:
David

Robert
December 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Oldguy, call your lawyers - copyright infringement, should be able to sue for that. :)

M29
December 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Thats up close and personal with that amp right there at ear level. Shoot who needs headphones. Cool vid indeed!

M

R_of_G
December 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM
So we were talking in the overpriced gear thread about how much is too much to spend on a strap. Would you agree it is too much to spend even a penny on a strap if you aren't going to actually strap it around your shoulders? :whatever:

Spudman
December 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Looper action:AOK:

Heck that is Old Guy...15 years ago.;)

Tibernius
December 12th, 2008, 05:49 PM
So we were talking in the overpriced gear thread about how much is too much to spend on a strap. Would you agree it is too much to spend even a penny on a strap if you aren't going to actually strap it around your shoulders? :whatever:

Good point. :D But then again if I was playing a guitar worth that much I think I'd be sitting down as well.

Tone2TheBone
December 12th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Holy cow I used to have a strap like that long time ago! I wonder what ever happened to it though...

You guys don't strap on when you sit do you? I'm not setting myself up with this comment. :D

Andy
December 13th, 2008, 12:11 PM
thats the best position in reality, so the guitar remains at the same position when you stand up as it is when practicing.

some people pull the guitar up to 'practice positioning' to do intricate solos...when standing.. Slash is a prime example.

it's hard to play something intricate that you learned sitting down when the guitar is at the knees standing up.

I notice many pros do this

Tibernius
December 13th, 2008, 12:16 PM
it's hard to play something intricate that you learned sitting down when the guitar is at the knees standing up.

I notice many pros do this

Didn't Satriani say that he can only play one of his songs when he's sitting down?

Andy
December 13th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I've tried to convince some of the youngsters I know, that if they would raise the guitar a little it would help make them a better soloist.

that is uaually met with " Hetfield and Slash play fast and their guitars are low, what do you know?"...:thwap:

peachhead
December 14th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Personally, I think overalls just make you play better. :D

Robert
December 14th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Does it sound better overall with an overall? :D

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Personally, I think overalls just make you play better. :D

Plus they have all those pockets where you can store picks, tuners, tuning forks, microphones, all sorts of stuff!:AOK:

oldguy
December 17th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Ah......you have been paying attention to the pocket situation, 'eh?
I just now saw this.........that guy's good! Who is he? We oughta get him to join up here.:rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Ah......you have been paying attention to the pocket situation, 'eh?
I just now saw this.........that guy's good! Who is he? We oughta get him to join up here.:rotflmao:

I owned a pair of Big Mac overalls from J.C. Penny for years. I still have them, but they fit the high school version (they were cool when I was in high school) of myself better than they fit me now. I loved them, and especially all the pockets.

The guy is good isn't he?

oldguy
December 17th, 2008, 12:18 PM
You bet he is.......he was on-the-money w/ that looper, and those were some tasty and well-executed licks, I esp. liked the slide work.
:bravo: