PDA

View Full Version : Peter Green

M29
December 13th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Does this have a (Black Magic Woman) feel to you?

QeOKj5XdVAE

What a sound!

just strum
December 13th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I am unable to get the clip.

Blaze
December 13th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Solo performance by mr.Green

rxux5LdmjQU&feature

aeolian
December 13th, 2008, 11:44 AM
"Then Play On" is still on my playlist. Never got tired of it.

tjcurtin1
December 13th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I loved Peter Green in Mayall's band and the early Fleetwood Mack.

HOW does he get that sustain?!

Tone2TheBone
December 13th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Peter Green is in my top 5.

tjcurtin1
December 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
NO, I'm serious - any ideas how he got that sustain (other than by playing a LP)?

sumitomo
December 13th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Yea the sustain was great on that first cut.I always like listen to Peter for his phrasing and also to Danny Kirnans who played with him they were a good duo.Sumi:D

Slowhand
December 14th, 2008, 05:16 AM
NO, I'm serious - any ideas how he got that sustain (other than by playing a LP)?
Same way that Gary Moore does for Parisinne Walkways " There is a sweet spot in front of the amp that if you stand in any amp turned up will feed back all night, I mark it up and just make sure that I'm standing there when I hit that note"

ZMAN
December 14th, 2008, 09:57 AM
If you look closely in the second clip you can see that the guitar he is playing IS the famous Lemon Drop. It still had a lot of it's burst way back then. You can tell by the neck pickup being upside down. It is amazing when you think about these famous guitarists kept their NO. 1 guitars for years. I can tell you that with the DD20 and and my Les Paul Standard and my marshall combo or even my 65 Deluxe I can approach that sustain and tone. Of course it is only for a note or two. LOL

tjcurtin1
December 14th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Same way that Gary Moore does for Parisinne Walkways " There is a sweet spot in front of the amp that if you stand in any amp turned up will feed back all night, I mark it up and just make sure that I'm standing there when I hit that note"
Cool, thanks!