PDA

View Full Version : if your neihbors arent callint he cops, its not loud enough

Robert
December 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Stumbled on this amp review last night. Hilarous read! Some good sig material here guys.... :bravo:

--------------------------
Made in 1990. this thing is one helluva tough amp, i wouldtn need a backup witht his thing, or a practice amp, EVER!. pPerfect for what I play, old metal and old rock. like, iron maiden, megadeth, motley crue, ac/dc, led zeppelin, ozzy, judas priest, guns n roses, and it can event ackle thrash metal, and any mewer tones of rock.

has two channels, switchable by a footswitch. has 2 master volume for each channel, a preamp, and a master gain. has your maste rpesence control, and then a shared EQ - bass, mids and treble. has an effects loop. i use this amp in a band situation, and im d*** lucky it came in right before my next show on the 29ths. its a loud mother***. right now i have it in a halfstack state, but i will have it in a fullstack.

tube amp, 2 EL34 power tubes, and 3 preamp tubes.

Sound Quality : 10

Im using a kramer imperial 404S with quadrail pickups. thats all ive been using and will use for a whiel till i install my emg's into my customs.

this amp definatley suits my style, i wanted the tone that made a mania rage in a massive stadium, and thats what i got. it'll cover ANY tone from ANY rock band or metal band from the 60s-70s-and 80s, definatley 90s too.

its a very loud amp, it's what i wanted caus ei always believed that music should be loud, and if your neihbors arent callint he cops, its not loud enough.

the exact sounds i want, only 2, i dont care for cleans on this amp. caus ei want a simple setup. i dont want a *** amp with lots of knobs, i want an amp like this, wher ei can set my distortion, and roll ONE know to change to a different style. if i want cleans ill go buy another head for another stack, or play my acoustic.
for metal, i find havign the bass high, the treble at around 3-5 oclock and the mids at 0 or at 7-8 or 9 oclock gets you that metal tone for some wicked rhythms and leads. for clasic rock, i find rollign the mids up and cutting back on the trble a tiny bit will do it. its perfect.

like i said before, if i wanted a clean, ill get another amp. i just want a wicked distotion, and dont *** with it,once its set, its set.. but if you want a somewhat clean, you gotta roll back the gain,a nd the volume on your guitar. and it isnt that great, this amp wasnt built for cleans. it was built for in your face *** you rock.

distortion is wicked.. just what i wanted

Reliability : 10
it was built in 1990, i was born in 1988. it was made when i was 2 year old, and it looks like its been through hell and back, through bar after bar and show after show. sigarret burns arougn the handle, probably where they were places, tears in the tolex, THICK layer of dust on the inside, but i cleaned it out. cigarette burns on the handle and a booze stain. i wouldnever need a backup for this. it can take it all.

the amp has neve rbroken down, neve rhad a problem. the guy that i bought it from said the tubes were *** and sounde dlike it was at voluem one.. but i turned it, on, and BAM- blew my nuts through the wall(balls to the wall tone ive wanted forever)

i doubt this wille ver need servicing. like i said, its 15 years old, almost 16 in a few days. hasent been serviced and stillb lows my friends amp out of the water. makes him jealous.

Customer Support : 10
ive delt with marshall, when i was a tube n00b, they usually replied within a coupel hours to a day. very helpful people.
i dont have a warranty seeing has how it was used. but marshall's service is up there with dunlop to me.

finding them was easy, go to their site. :)

there is absolutely NO authorized sevice center here, or ANY TECH OF ANY SORT that are available in my area. doubt ill need it though.

in all, marshall was kind and very helpful, this is my second marshall ive owned, it is the best. and becaus ei joined the marshall family, they sent me a package frome ngland, stickers, a marshall law magazine, a marshall amplification magazing, and 2 posters, the darkness, and the main man himself, the king, JIM MARSHALL. i have him hung up on my bands jam space wall in my basement. you can usually see me bowing to it, saying "we're not worthy" *oh the antics of wayne and garth*

Overall Rating : 10
ive been playing for a coupel years now, ive always wanted to be the one on the stage in the spotlight with a band rippin it up with me. ive always wanted to be a lead player, and right now im a singer and a lead guitarist. i own 2 custom guitars (LP and a V), i made them. a kramer imperial 404s, a japanese LP copy, a cort m200, a yamaha acoustic, and my newest,a yamaha FG720S-12 12 string acoustic.

i used to own an mg, ya its ok. but its scum compared to this.

i love everything about my amp, mostly the TONE. the simplicity is up there too.

i comared it to a mesa mark iv. thats right. i said it. and i liked this one better. besides, everyoen and their grandmas own a mark iv these days.i chose this one for the simplicity, the tone, the power, and because ill always be screaming marshall with every breath i have.

There is a reason why marshall is the reigning king of amps. screw the people who say you're buyign the name, they just dont know how to use a damn amp, or get a decent guitar to run it through. cant expect some fruitloop playing a newest backstreet boy song with a SQUIER (i hate fender..so much) to like it, the tone is too much for them.(and i hate new music.. like hte bsb.. its a disgrace.)

PS: no mater what mtv says, SIMPLE PLAN is NOT ROCK, it's crap. and Good charlotte sucks. emo can die too. so suck it.
--------------------------------

ted s
December 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Miybee buddy should by hisself a dikshunairy ?

Andy
December 13th, 2008, 11:37 AM
but i turned it, on, and BAM- blew my nuts through the wall(balls to the wall tone ive wanted forever)

:rotflmao:

markb
December 13th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Ah, Harmony Central. My favourite comedy site on the web :)

SuperSwede
December 13th, 2008, 04:52 PM
PS: no mater what mtv says, SIMPLE PLAN is NOT ROCK, it's crap. and Good charlotte sucks. emo can die too. so suck it.

Classic material!

tjcurtin1
December 13th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Hmmm... let's see;

"mewer forms of rock" - maybe belongs in Strum's 'cats' post

"i own 2 custom guitars (LP and a V), i made them." That's REALLY custom!

"i used to own an mg, ya its ok. but its scum compared to this." And now we've skidded stream-of-consciousness fashion into the automotive review...

peachhead
December 14th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I ran across this yesterday, looking at a review for the Fender Champ 25:

"Depending on where you have the Treble and Bass set, it acts as a kind of balance between the highs and the lows, like it contours your sound, man. Turn the Volume and the Loudness up and you will have your mom, or depending on your current status in life, your girlfriend, wife or if your extremely lucky, both of them banging on the floor or ceiling. If it happens to be all three of them stay out of my neighborhood. We got enough white trash as it is."

:D