PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Marshall amps

Robert
December 14th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Want to recommend these articles, in case you are wanting to learn more about Marshalls from 1966 and forward. Good amount of detail and great for those going Marshall-shopping! :D

http://www.legendarytones.com/marshallshoppers1.html
http://www.legendarytones.com/marshallshoppers2.html

oldguy
December 17th, 2008, 01:07 PM
That is a very good site, Robert.:AOK: I found it a couple years back while looking for info on one of these........
http://www.legendarytones.com/met68.html

Never did get one.....but still drool :drool: now and then, and wonder if they're really that good, as the review says.

Jimi75
December 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Thank you Robert - this is great information.

bigoldron
December 17th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Thank you Robert - this is great information.

Bet you could use this now! You and your big old new Marshall! Can't wait to hear some clips.

MagicFingers
January 10th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Those were very informative articles.
I apparently have an early Marshall JTM SB 100W amp and wanted to find out more information about it. This article helped a lot!
It has been hard finding specific info about this amp.
It was blowing the 5A SB fuse when I got it. I found a local guy who repairs tube amps. It's 100% working now. YEA!
Any info or comments on this would be appreciated.
I saw another thread here somewhere about Marshall amps while searching the internet, but don't see it right now. Is there another place to ask questions?
Thanks.

just strum
January 10th, 2009, 06:54 AM
I apparently have an early Marshall JTM SB 100W amp and wanted to find out more information about it. This article helped a lot!
It was blowing the 5A SB fuse when I got it. I found a local guy who repairs tube amps. It's 100% working now. YEA!
I saw another thread here somewhere about Marshall amps while searching the internet, but don't see it right now. Is there another place to ask questions?
Thanks.
If you are referring to asking questions on this site about amps, this is the right place. There are a number of sections here for various topics.

There is also one for introducing yourself "Fret Players", but until you make your way over there, let me say - Welcome to the fretnet and I know you will find it enjoyable here.

mrmudcat
January 10th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks Robert:beer:

markb
January 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks.

Would that be a JTM Superbass? Pictures, please!

MagicFingers
January 12th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Would that be a JTM Superbass? Pictures, please!
We took some pics and will post them when my son brings his thumb drive over. From the article, it does seem to be a 1965/66, with the cooling vent on the top, correct, original panels, etc. There HAVE been a few minor changes, but I'll get to that later.
I really hope someone knows something about it. There is much about the JTM45, but almost nothing about the SB, 100W, which I have.

OK, A couple of pics. Logo missing and knobs not original, but those can be fixed. Any comments, please
Cheers, MF:beer:

MagicFingers
January 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM
If you are referring to asking questions on this site about amps, this is the right place. There are a number of sections here for various topics.

There is also one for introducing yourself "Fret Players", but until you make your way over there, let me say - Welcome to the fretnet and I know you will find it enjoyable here.
I will make my way over there soon. Been busy.
Besides, I'm not much of a musician, but a lover of music and have friends who ARE good musicians! lol

markb
January 13th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the pics. That's great. It'll be made in the old "factory" out the back of the shop in Hanwell I'd guess. That "master volume" on the back panel is definitely not original as are a couple of other things going on round the back there. In the end, it's how it sounds that counts.