PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd's Great gig in the sky..

Blaze
December 14th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Amazing revelation about the singing part of this legendary melody from The Making Of the Dark Side Of The Moon documentary...

The segment starts at 3:46 but you will enjoy the rest of it ,cool stuff..

R.I.P. Richard William Wright

HQlnszy6J-4

Blazes::AOK:

ZMAN
December 14th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I was never a big fan of Pink Floyd. But crazy as it seems my mother was!
Of course in 1975 when they played Ivor Wynne Stadium (Civic Stadium) in Hamilton Ontario, my hometown, she had to go. You have to realize that she was 50 at the time. We thought she was crazy but she took a bunch of our neices and nephews and had a blast. The Dark side album was only 2 years old but she played the old vinyl till it was unplayable. When CDs came out that was her first CD.

just strum
December 14th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I like listening to PF, but I am not one that can rattle off all their work. I find myself watching the documentaries on VH1 and have probably watched all of the PF they've broadcast at least 3 or 4 times. I think they are a band that has an interesting history, so besides their music, one gets attracted by the historical facts.

Good clip.

Blaze
December 14th, 2008, 03:32 PM
The reason why I had proposed this clip is that I find extraordinary the fact that back vocal singer Claire Torry has improvised this melody from A to Z on the first take.
Did nt know that..
A magic moment from a great unknown artist.

Blazes:bravo:

guitrkill3r
December 21st, 2008, 12:32 AM
Dude this is my favorite album ever. It speaks to me with such a vibe where its like a movie for me, and any song i start listening to makes me just jump into the story line. Anybody else get that feeling? Well, if anyone finds another album like this, let me know!

Spudman
December 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
The reason why I had proposed this clip is that I find extraordinary the fact that back vocal singer Claire Torry has improvised this melody from A to Z on the first take.
Did nt know that..
A magic moment from a great unknown artist.

Blazes:bravo:

When the magic happens it seems very divine indeed. Much of what I keep on my recordings are first or second takes. There is something special that happens when you have no preconceived ideas and just react to what is presented. Claire did a fantastic thing that is immortalized in one of the greatest records ever. Awesome.

Makes me wonder on what other records events like this have been captured.

Andy
December 21st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Great record , when it came out, me and all my friends wore it out for what seemed like years,. however it also seems like I've never stopped hearing it since than, on radio ect...I can only listen to something so many times before I can't bear to listen to it anymore. Dark side is one of those records for me.

I'm glad that more and more people are listening to and even discovering this record for the first time.It's a good one.But to be honest, I'm literally sick of it...lol. best record of all time ? I never considered it that, tho many people do

my favorite PF at this point is Animals, lots of stinging guitar on that one.

duhvoodooman
December 21st, 2008, 01:11 PM
That clip is one of a six-part series on the making of Dark Side of the Moon. If you're a Floyd fan or just interested in classic rock, it's worth watching how one of the great, all-time rock records came to be. There are links to most of the other parts down in the bottom of the window when the clip ends, or you can go directly to YouTube and view them there.

R_of_G
December 21st, 2008, 01:21 PM
I'm glad that more and more people are listening to and even discovering this record for the first time.It's a good one.But to be honest, I'm literally sick of it...lol. best record of all time ? I never considered it that, tho many people do

I agree Andy. As great of an album as it is, I don't find it to be the greatest of all time, not even the greatest Floyd album of all time. I'm much more partial to Meddle, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Animals and especially the tragically under-appreciated Obscured By Clouds. DSOTM is a great record, but I think it's mythos is larger than its greatness. Not nearly as overrated as The Wall, but still.

street music
December 21st, 2008, 07:17 PM
I became a Pink Floyd fan after my son was born and I remain a fan today. I think there has been some very special work put into each of their albums and I just wish that I could play many of their songs.