PDA

View Full Version : Scored a birthday present for myself, BOSS SE-70!

Robert
December 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM
One of these are on the way.... it's an old FX unit by BOSS. I've seen quite a few guitar players seem to dig these, so I joined the party. :D

It's got a lot of cool stuff in it. The effects are:

Reverb, Gate Reverb, Ambience, Delay, Chorus, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Flanger, Ring Modulator, Noise Suppressor, Overdrive/Distortion, Rotary, Enhancer, Panning/Tremolo, Slow Gear, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Wah, Guitar Amp Simulator, Vibrato, Feedbacker, Bass Amp Simulator, De-esser, Equalizer, Vocoder, Guitar Synth, Bass Synth, Mixer, Hum Canceler, Vocal Canceler, Key Changer, 2 Second Digital Sampler, plus a Chromatic Tuner and Metronome.

I will be sticking it in the loop of my amp.

http://www.jugesprodigy.net/equipment/boss_se-70.jpg

Algonquin
December 14th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Looks good... let us know how it sounds. I've always found Boss equipment to be great stuff.

Enjoy :AOK:

Tibernius
December 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM
It's got a lot of cool stuff in it. The effects are:

Reverb, Gate Reverb, Ambience, Delay, Chorus, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Flanger, Ring Modulator, Noise Suppressor, Overdrive/Distortion, Rotary, Enhancer, Panning/Tremolo, Slow Gear, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Wah, Guitar Amp Simulator, Vibrato, Feedbacker, Bass Amp Simulator, De-esser, Equalizer, Vocoder, Guitar Synth, Bass Synth, Mixer, Hum Canceler, Vocal Canceler, Key Changer, 2 Second Digital Sampler, plus a Chromatic Tuner and Metronome.

Try saying all of that in one go. ;)

Is it one of the Rack-Mount effects units?

Robert
December 14th, 2008, 06:50 PM
It's half rack unit size. The effects in it are all quite good, and some are stellar. I don't know if you can find an fx unit today that can do all of this thing does.

The good thing about this GAS decease is that it's Christmas pretty much all the time! :D :D :D

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Hey that looks pretty cool. That's a nice present to self.

Blaze
December 14th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Cool unit Rob, you ll like it .

The Boss Gt 8 has of all these effects except the Bass Synth, Mixer, Hum Canceler,Vocoder, Vocal Canceler, Key Changer, 2 Second Digital Sampler,but got a nice Uni_vibe..Of course in the effects loop it sounds great..

Blazes:AOK:

Jimi75
December 15th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I used to work in a guitar shop after school and they had exactly the same unit. It was a great effects processor, a very handy unit, I think it was on my wishlist but I could never afford it though.

Congrats Rob!

My x-Mas present will maybe be a RMC 1 Custom Wah.

SuperSwede
December 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Congrats Robert, it will be awesome in the loop of your Marshall :D

Robert
December 15th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Which Marshall did you send me, SS? I appreciate the donation. ;)

Congrats in advance on that RM Wah, Jimi-thug! You'll have to give us the lowdown on that baby once you've rocked it like a baby. :D

tunghaichuan
December 15th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Dang, should have got one of those instead of buying a bunch of individual Boss pedals :thwap: :D :rotflmao:

tung

Andy
December 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM
nice snag Robert , this would make a sweet little piece of studio gear as well
multi-usefull.

there are some fantastic deals in older effects rack type gear out there , like the alesis quadraverb ect..I'm suprised more people are not taking advantage of some of them ,, they are well within the range of a single high end pedal.

lots of multi-purpose bang for the buck .

Blaze
December 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Dang, should have got one of those instead of buying a bunch of individual Boss pedals :thwap: :D :rotflmao:

tung

I dont think so ,most of your Boss pedals are distortion & overdrive ,the unit that Robert have & and my Boss Gt 8 we use mostly for modeling effects in the effects loop ..
The amp & disto.pedal simulators are ok but pedals are better ..My opinion

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7052/pedalrubber020dq3.jpg

Blazes

tunghaichuan
December 15th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I tend to use only reverb and delay, maybe a bit of chorus. I may look out for a reasonably priced SE-70 or GT-8. Your rig looks pretty cool as well.

tung

I dont think so ,most of your Boss pedals are distortion & overdrive ,the unit that Robert have & and my Boss Gt 8 we use mostly for modeling effects in the effects loop ..
The amp & disto.pedal simulators are ok but pedals are better ..My opinion

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7052/pedalrubber020dq3.jpg

Blazes

SuperSwede
December 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Which Marshall did you send me, SS?

ohh nothing fancy only a 18w all tube combo.

Robert
December 16th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks SS, can never have too many of those. :D

oldguy
December 17th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Congrats, Robert........that looks like fun. It would sound great in stereo split between those two 18w amphs............:D

Robert
December 31st, 2008, 10:01 AM
Tried it out last night. Man, it sounds terrific. It has so many weird and wacky sounds in it, I'm amazed. The ring modulator rox!

I haven't quite learned how to use it yet, so I don't think I'll bring it to the gig tonight. I have my Boss DD-20 that will handle my delay needs anyway.

I guess there will be a video demo coming sometime in 2009 from a dolphinstreet near you... :)

Spudman
December 31st, 2008, 10:22 AM
I worked with these guys from Nashville for a while and the bass player used one on his bass. He got some freaky but good sounds out of the SE 70. The subtle stuff was very good too.

Monkus
June 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Congrats Robert!!! Hope you enjoy the next level GAS !:rotflmao:

Blaze... I have that Bluesbreaker II Marshall pedal as well, it rocks !

Robert
June 10th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks, the SE-70 has some really cool sounds in it. I'd like to figure out a way to mount in on top of my amp heads, just so it doesn't just sit on top and risk falling off, which could cause something to break.