PDA

View Full Version : Silent Night... a nice video lesson.

Algonquin
December 15th, 2008, 05:57 AM
A nice little video lesson for Silent Night.
GdzaOof8pVs&feature=channel_page
2GrX4KXGcgI&feature=channel_page
http://www.justinguitar.com/images/ST_images/ST-100-SilentNight.pdf

Lev
December 15th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Nice find, I really like this guys lessons, and best of all they're free!!

I'll see if I can get silent night down so I can play it to my daughter at bedtime.

sunvalleylaw
December 15th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Nice find, I really like this guys lessons, and best of all they're free!!

I'll see if I can get silent night down so I can play it to my daughter at bedtime.

Good idea! I can play a version (just simple chords), but I should bring out the acoustic and play it with the kids at night more. We get into such a hurry in the evening this time of year it seems.

EDIT: I just watched this again, and it inspires me to go back to it and learn some of these techniques. It is my favorite carol for sure.

sunvalleylaw
December 16th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I played around with it a bit tonight. I really like it. A different style than I have been playing, and I got my acoustic back out too. I am not proficient at it, but it is very nice to play with by the fire in front of the tree. Thanks for posting!

Algonquin
December 17th, 2008, 07:31 AM
It's a nice tune that I thought some here might like to have in their repertoire. I know very few Christmas seasonal tunes, and this one is very well known so I figured I'd give it a go. I know far too many bit of pieces of songs rather than knowing the full tune, so it's nice if someone says plays something... you could whip this off 'short and sweet'

Eric
November 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
Since it's getting toward Christmas, I figured I'd pop in a version of Silent Night that I like. All fingerpicked, but I think it serves the song well.

http://www.guitarnoise.com/lesson/silent-night/

Do you guys ever use this site? It's a different approach than some other guitar sites, but I like it.

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
Thanks Eric! I will check that version out. I have used this site. Particularly for a lesson on NY's "Old Man". David does a nice job!

Neal
November 23rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
I'm loving it:applause

bigG
November 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Very nice, Algonquin! Classic song, beautiful arrangement and great lesson from Justin! :applause

M29
November 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks David!:AOK