PDA

View Full Version : Weather this week

bigoldron
December 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I hear that the majority of the US is freezing it's patooties off. I hate to tell you this, but for at least the next 5 days or so, we've got the coveted 55/75 split going on with only a 10% chance of rain. A little overcast, but not too bad.

All the more reason to head South, my friends!

Robert
December 16th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Here it's cold. It was -31 F on the weekend (-35 C). Brrrrrrrrrr.

SuperSwede
December 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Around -2c here and LOTS of fog... Luckily I didnt hit someone with my car today.

Andy
December 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Tennessee must be blocking Georgia ,it's been rain,ice,snow for a week now.

Tone2TheBone
December 16th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Snowed here all day yesterday. (NM, USA)

Algonquin
December 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Yesterday was fairly warm (10 Celcius), today it's about -4... a pretty steep swing in temps. (Southern Ontario)

Katastrophe
December 16th, 2008, 11:55 AM
we've got the coveted 55/75 split going on with only a 10% chance of rain. A little overcast, but not too bad.

All the more reason to head South, my friends!

34 deeeegreeees F here in this little haven of central Texas as I type. Brrrrr.

Bloozcat
December 16th, 2008, 02:15 PM
After a cooler than usual November (the coolest I remember in many years), the temps are now up to highs around 80F and lows just about 70F this week. We were running upper 40's to low 50's each night through much of November, but so far December has been mostly above the normal temps for the year.

I'm sure that 80F sounds good right now to a lot of you on the frozen tundra and in the great white north, but living here in Florida you get tired of the heat and welcome a little cooler weather this time of year.

Well, starting this coming Sunday through about December 29th the weather people are predicting overnight lows in the upper 50's to 60 degrees, then down to the mid 50's through Monday the 29th. So, at least it won't be hot and sweaty for Christmas week when I'll be off. The highs throughout this period will be mid 70's. This is why people come to Florida....

bigoldron
December 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's hard to enjoy Christmas with your pits dripping. :messedup:

Tibernius
December 16th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Well it's about 2c here at the moment, seems to be varying between 0-4. It's been raining most of the day as well. :(

oldguy
December 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
8 degrees F. here and snowing as I type.

(I always thought people went to Florida for the citrus fruit and cultural diversification.):greenguitar:

street music
December 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I had about 1/4 of ice on the truck this morning, it was 16 Saturday morning but that's a heat wave compared to what Robert has.

Blaze
December 16th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Rain yesterday , - 20 today , fall on ya butt time ......:thwap:

thearabianmage
December 16th, 2008, 05:01 PM
London has been a bit nippy, as they say. Don't know the exact temperature, but it's enough to put on a pair of long johns and fasten up your coat(s).

I miss the old Georgia weather. . . You could walk outside in a single jacket and be warm. . .

player
December 16th, 2008, 08:01 PM
29° and freezing rain here..will be for awhile they say.maybe let up some Thursday temp wise but still rain :thwap: want to get back to Florida bad

piebaldpython
December 17th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Here in Philly........off and on rainy all week, though we did have a brief period of snow today. Mainly in the upper 30's/low 40's during the day.
Where's the sun??? :D

tot_Ou_tard
December 17th, 2008, 12:09 PM
The South? With that summer heat & humidity?

I'd move back to coastal California instead. La Jolla if you're a "perfect weather" fetishist (I am not) or Santa Cruz for the funky culture.

oldguy
December 17th, 2008, 12:36 PM
20 degrees F. here right now, much better than the last two days.
And I just had a glass of egg nog...........MMMmmm-mmmmmmmmm!!:D

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM
We are very cold here with fog to the south of us, and snow expected.
Another cold winter weather system is dropping down from western
Canada. Very cold air is supposed to follow behind the snow. As skies clear over the weekend... night time temperatures will plummet with southern
valleys dropping to near zero and Mountain Valley locations as
low as 20 degrees below zero.

sumitomo
December 17th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Its toooo cold here,is it Jan. yet dang it.Im ready to go.I am going to South America for a few months and with this cold weather I want to leave now.Sumi:D

Ch0jin
December 17th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Around 29c (85f) here right now :)

The sun is shining, a light breeze blowing, and if it hangs in for the weekend I'll be at the beach. Gotta love having beaches 10 minutes from the city.

The concept of a cold Christmas is totally foreign to me. :AOK:

marnold
December 17th, 2008, 08:39 PM
It's been butt cold here even by N. WI standards. Normal high is 28F. We've been lucky to get 15.

just strum
December 18th, 2008, 06:54 PM
This is what is heading our way after midnight. One last 90 mile round trip tomorrow.

Snow will move northeast into the region this evening and then
change to a mix of snow... sleet and freezing rain. The wintry
weather is expected to continue through Friday afternoon.

Temperatures at the surface are expected to slowly warm through
the night but remain below freezing. The precipitation that falls
after midnight will likely be in the form of freezing rain. A
quarter inch of ice accumulation can be expected overnight into
Friday morning before possibly changing over to all rain for a
brief period in the morning.

oldguy
December 18th, 2008, 07:06 PM
It's raining a steady light rain here and 25 degrees F.
Forecast says 1/2 to 1" of ice by morning.........if this keeps up, I'll see you all in 2 or 3 weeks.........just like last year.
:eek: :eek: :cry:

markb
December 18th, 2008, 08:45 PM
20-odd degrees here. Celsius, that is :AOK:

wingsdad
December 18th, 2008, 11:32 PM
This hit us yesterday from 6am to almost midnite. It is NOT why people come to Sunny Southern California. Mid-afternoon drive home:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/IMG_0992230PM_VV1.jpg

This morning's drive to work, headed west toward the 8,000' peaks of the San Bernardino mountains...an hour away, it will be 80 F here in May, and there'll still be snow up there.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/IMG_1000.jpg

A lone, old & weary Joshua Tree weathered the stomr:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/IMG_1004.jpg

This old Olive Tree didn't:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/IMG_1012.jpg

just strum
December 19th, 2008, 03:42 PM
The last drive to work was a nightmare, but I left early and avoided traffic. Ice at the house and then halfway in it was ice covered by snow - 35 mph all the way.

just strum
December 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
We had freezing rain moved in last night and it shut down sections of the turnpike and many of the freeways in the area.

I got up this morning to tell my son to go out the other driveway (we have a wrap around that goes around the back of the house) the one exit was iced over that there is no way one would get out (steep incline). I watched as he pulled out onto the street and as soon as he did the car spun around and was facing the opposite direction. Fortunately he works close and he made it there safely.

Things are finally starting to melt, but the news this morning showed all kinds of accidents from last night and this morning. Yet another day I am glad I don't have that 90 mile round trip to work anymore.

warren0728
December 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
77 degrees here....will drop to a chilly 61 degrees tonight.... :pancake:

just strum
December 24th, 2008, 11:37 AM

Watch for ice..........................................in your freezer.

street music
December 24th, 2008, 03:20 PM
We had lots of black ice last night night, I almost lost it in my company truck just about a mile from our house. There plenty of wrecks but all was good by morning.

bigoldron
December 24th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Warren, I'm feeling your pain. It's 71 now (4:30 pm) and low tonight around 61. High tomorrow (Christmas Day) - around 80. So much for our "White Christmas".

One downside is that we're expecting a package with a coat my 18 year old wanted for Christmas. It was SUPPOSED TO/GUARANTEED TO be here today by 7 pm. So far, no go. Overstock says it's still coming, just that Fedex is not updating its tracking system. Fedex says the package is still sitting in Memphis (has been for 2 days) and can't leave due to bad weather. Memphis is only about 350 miles from here, so I'm NOT standing on my head and holding my breath. :mad:

peachhead
December 24th, 2008, 03:59 PM
67/50 a little farther north, Ron- altogether not bad at all; although a little cold would be nice at Christmas. Oh well- if you don't like the weather here, just stick around 3 days, it will change.

M29
December 24th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I am not suhr if I have patooties or not, they may have been taken out but it is nasty up here right now. Supposed to be freezing rain and the family is spread out all over the place. I hope Santa still has his patooties, he will need them...

just strum
December 27th, 2008, 12:48 PM

by your standards, chilly here today too, but by our standards, I have my thong on baby!!!

I guess if I am wearing a thong, I have no standards.

currently 60 degrees and a high expected of 65.

street music
December 27th, 2008, 02:42 PM
It has reached 72 here today , very nice day.

bigoldron
December 27th, 2008, 03:18 PM
by your standards, chilly here today too, but by our standards, I have my thong on baby!!!

I guess if I am wearing a thong, I have no standards.

currently 60 degrees and a high expected of 65.

If you're wearing a thong, then that's TMI! :puke: :bootyshake:

mrmudcat
December 27th, 2008, 03:37 PM
If you're wearing a thong, then that's TMI

Really!!!!:thwap:

And oh yea karma is a #$%#% brother ron!!!!:whatever:

just strum
December 28th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Broke a record yesterday with a high of 65 degrees F. It's 58 right now, but a cold front moving in

the latest:

Westerly winds between 30 and 40 mph can be expected as
the front sweeps through the area with isolated gusts to near 50
mph possible.

Blaze
December 28th, 2008, 09:11 AM
More inches of rain + 60 mph winds are expected here in Quebec ''Snowland" Canada..Then -20 temperature will make us frozen in the ice ..
I m alredy deamin about april meltin...

Blazes:thwap: