PDA

View Full Version : ok coming soon...........

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Want all opinions good or bad unless they are just plain stupid.I bought this for a reason and ill tell ya guys why later to those that give a crap:thwap:

http://www.firstqualitymusic.com/itemdetail.asp?item=RBLSTG1CHP

Did not buy from here .Some know my reasons most dont and it will be funny what ya'll have to say!

Fab4
December 16th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I'll be interested to know how the tuning system actually works. Guitar Player gave it an overall positive but somewhat mixed review. I assume you found it useful enough to warrant the investment. What did you like about it?

just strum
December 16th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Well, having been on two forums with you and developing an image of you, I am a little surprised.

1) The image is of a Fender guy. It's not that one can't buy other guitars, but I would expect that find of money would be spent on Fender.

2) Image of a purest. I would have thought the idea of a robot guitar might be a tab too much unnecessary technology in your mind.

That said, do you have it already or is it on its way?

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2008, 06:11 PM
You've got a secret reason? Enslavement of the human race?

Rock on Mr Roboto!

Perhaps you're going to mod it by replacing the robot with a goldfish.

http://www.firstqualitymusic.com/product_images/8832/P_8832_S09.jpg

It could swim happily behind that plexi-shield & enslave the human race from there.

It beats getting battered from being in the heel of an acrylic platform shoe.

luvmyshiner
December 16th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Damn, I think it's cool Muddy! Keep us posted on how you like her.:beer:

Kazz
December 16th, 2008, 06:38 PM
The guitar itself....not crazy about the color, but I respect your judgment muddy.....and will be interested to hear the story when you get around to telling it.

bigoldron
December 16th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I give a crap and am wondering if you're on too much medication for that arm. :confused:

You are to us a purist as Strum said and scoff on overdone technology. I personally think the guitar is a piece of junk. It's just not what we'd expect from you Brother! :confused: :messedup:

But knowing you as well as I do, I know you've got a legit reason for getting this. We're waiting anxiously to hear your reason! Rock on, Muddie! :AOK:

just strum
December 16th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Ronnie,

You need to stop sugar coating it and tell us what you think.

Robert
December 16th, 2008, 06:53 PM
All that matters is that you like it. Don't give a crap about our attitude towards your guitar! :)

BluesHowler
December 16th, 2008, 06:58 PM
My opinion might fall under the "just plain stupid" category but I think if I could afford that guitar I'd get two lesser high priced quality guitars or another nice guitar and a awesome amp to go with it. I also have never seen a green guitar that doesn't look better in some other color. JMHO.

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I also have never seen a green guitar that doesn't look better in some other color. JMHO.
Check out my new green guitar. It's cooler 'cause it's red. ;)

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM
My opinion might fall under the "just plain stupid" category but I think if I could afford that guitar I'd get two lesser high priced quality guitars or another nice guitar and a awesome amp to go with it. I also have never seen a green guitar that doesn't look better in some other color. JMHO.

Ive got all the guitars a guy could want and or amps ,also 3 sons to help with my addiction!!!:dude:

So not stupid at all ,if I did not have alot of stuff already your reasoning would be right on ......except I like green but have never owned a green guitar!:D

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM
All that matters is that you like it. Don't give a crap about our attitude towards your guitar! :)

Yea I wanted to get some hard arsed opinions like my brother from georgia!:beer: (but if he thinks about it him of all people should know why it was an easy decision:poke:

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I give a crap and am wondering if you're on too much medication for that arm. :confused:

You are to us a purist as Strum said and scoff on overdone technology. I personally think the guitar is a piece of junk. It's just not what we'd expect from you Brother! :confused: :messedup:

But knowing you as well as I do, I know you've got a legit reason for getting this. We're waiting anxiously to hear your reason! Rock on, Muddie! :AOK:

Well ive never played it(except recently) but I would not call it crap before going and playing it etc. etc. which I did(she is getting plekked and setup so hopefully pics by the weekend!

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Well, having been on two forums with you and developing an image of you, I am a little surprised.

1) The image is of a Fender guy. It's not that one can't buy other guitars, but I would expect that find of money would be spent on Fender.

2) Image of a purest. I would have thought the idea of a robot guitar might be a tab too much unnecessary technology in your mind.

That said, do you have it already or is it on its way?

Its being set up and plekked.I have lots of strats ,teles.I have 1 faded modded tv yellow gibby les paul.2 84 explorers plumburst fade...............one in the family since new . 1 gibby sg not done yet will be special for sure .Now this .....for reasons!!!;) :whatever: :thwap:

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Now this .....for reasons!!!;) :whatever: :thwap:
If it's not for world domination &/or goldfish you've got me stumped.

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Well I dont want to come off with an answer that sounds contrived or whatever:thwap:

warren0728
December 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM
i'm not sure about the tuning system on the robot....but i do like green gibsons! :greenguitar:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_3547d42331e47f8.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=391)

Rocket
December 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I like it, I want one, can I test-drive yours?

hubberjub
December 16th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I love green guitars. At that price, even if it didn't have the robotic tuning mechanism it's a better value than a Les Paul Studio or Standard with a plain top. When they originally came out they were way too expensive.

bigoldron
December 16th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Muddie, I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh, but you did ask for us to not hold back. I personally have not played a "Robo Paul", but from what I've read, the tuning system doesn't work that great. I guess I shouldn't voice an opinion until I've actually touched one. :thwap: :whatever:

As for the color green, I DON'T have a problem with that. When I bought my red Washburn WI64 Idol, I was actually looking for a green one. Those are totally smokin' in my book. :AOK:

I remember that SG project you started a while back. That was back on that other forum we used to frequent. Wasn't it green too? We never did see the finished product. So, bring us up-to-date on that sometime! :AOK:

Don't care if your reason sounds contrived or not, just curious as to what it is. As long as you're happy, then so are we. :dude:

marnold
December 16th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I'd be interested to find out if it has some neck-dive (if that's even possible with a Les Paul) because of the mass of the tuners.

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I like it, I want one, can I test-drive yours?Why of course after xmas is over:beer:

warren0728
December 16th, 2008, 09:03 PM
can you disable the robot tuning and just tune it yourself....

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 09:17 PM
can you disable the robot tuning and just tune it yourself....

Yes you can!:AOK:

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'd be interested to find out if it has some neck-dive (if that's even possible with a Les Paul) because of the mass of the tuners.

This crossed my mind but in my situation .....its one of those wont know unless tried!

warren0728
December 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Yes you can!:AOK:

that changes things....not a bad deal for a brand new les paul....i would be interested in how it feels and plays!

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Muddie, I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh, but you did ask for us to not hold back. I personally have not played a "Robo Paul", but from what I've read, the tuning system doesn't work that great. I guess I shouldn't voice an opinion until I've actually touched one. :thwap: :whatever:

As for the color green, I DON'T have a problem with that. When I bought my red Washburn WI64 Idol, I was actually looking for a green one. Those are totally smokin' in my book. :AOK:

I remember that SG project you started a while back. That was back on that other forum we used to frequent. Wasn't it green too? We never did see the finished product. So, bring us up-to-date on that sometime! :AOK:

Don't care if your reason sounds contrived or not, just curious as to what it is. As long as you're happy, then so are we. :dude:

Brother as tight as we are dont even go there !!.I thought you knowing about my past few months being hell you would see why these might or then again might not help at all;)

The sg is green blue and as soon as I decide on pups shes readty..........but ya know this has heen awhile:poke: :whatever:

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Brother as tight as we are dont even go there !!.I thought you knowing about my past few months being hell you would see why these might or then again might not help at all;)
Ah, arm issues. So are you having trouble reaching the tuners of your guitars?

bigoldron
December 16th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Ah, arm issues. So are you having trouble reaching the tuners of your guitars?

I'm a little slow at times, but that's what I had figured from the get-go. Heck, I'm just glad to hear that you're playing again! We all are! :bravo:

Rocket
December 16th, 2008, 09:51 PM
According to Gibson those robotic tuners are supposed to be slightly lighter (46.5gr) than stock Gotohs (49gr) due to lightweight metal alloy.
http://www.gibson.com/robotguitar/guitar.html

street music
December 16th, 2008, 10:28 PM
MudCat, my friend got one in September and I love the sound from it and the ease of tuning plus the different tuning you can have in just the turn of a switch. I wish that I could have one but the Mrs needs things more than I need that guitar.

Kazz
December 17th, 2008, 05:53 AM
I know...I know.....Muddy is going to replace the robotic tuners with new Gotoh Tuners that emit green lasers to help with his secret plot to take over the world one stage at a time. :-)

oldguy
December 17th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Congrats on that green Gibson, Muddy! It makes no difference what anyone thinks about your guitars except you..............you should see some of the stuff I've got "hanging around" this place, LOL!:rotflmao:
If that guitar makes life easier for you, it's a winner, plus it just might turn out to be a good investment down the road, plus it just looks cool, IMO.
So congrats again, and let's see some more pics if and when 'ya get time.:D

M29
December 17th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Nice robotnik Mud!!! I like the green. Are you having trouble with your hearing in some way?

wingsdad
December 17th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Good for you, muddy :AOK: :bravo: :D
I hope this Green Gibby is everything you want & need it to be for you;)

mrmudcat
December 17th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Well I want to keep it short.I had some aqquired injuries over the summer..........and you... dont...want to make your angel mad by water skiing......drinking.. and lord forbid fishing.:beer: ;) ..after aqquiring injuries.........and just being an arse in general ............her words not mine!!!:beer: :master:

Its good though which it will always be!:rockon:

mrmudcat
December 17th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Good for you, muddy :AOK: :bravo: :D
I hope this Green Gibby is everything you want & need it to be for you;)

Thanks wings im so hoping it will help a little atleast!!!:AOK:

just strum
December 17th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Green is my favorite color, but I haven't run across a used green guitar yet that I wanted or had money to buy.

Plus, I love all green guitars, as long as they come in black.

mrmudcat
December 20th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Green is my favorite color, but I haven't run across a used green guitar yet that I wanted or had money to buy.

Plus, I love all green guitars, as long as they come in black.

There you have done and cursed me guitar stuck cause of weather .50 miles away yet ill have to wait until monday!!!!:thwap:

just strum
December 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Well, that just sucks!!!

To the snowmobile Batman

mrmudcat
December 20th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Oh if it wouldnt cause me grief I would be playing right now!:bravo:

mrmudcat
December 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Strum if it wasnt for xmas id find ya I swear:rotflmao:

Finally got guitar today big snow:whatever:

Dixie I promise your on my mind and not far away .................pics as soon as possible since it really is for the boys!!!!:rockon:

Well we can have are secrets cant we guys and um er girls!!!:AOK: ;)

just strum
December 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I wish my kids played guitar, then I could buy more equipment and tell the wife "It's really for the kids" :poke:

Looking forward to pics and review.

Happy Holiday Mrmudcat

http://www.mudcat.org/

ZMAN
December 24th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Hey JS I think you have the wrong Super Hero. I thought all Green Hornet guitars came with a Cato that would go and rescue it for him.

tot_Ou_tard
December 24th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I thought all Green Hornet guitars came with a Cato that would go and rescue it for him. All the one that comes with the guitar can do is silently wait at the 5th fret so as to form a barre.

Oh yeah, you can also move it to the 3rd fret.

mrmudcat
December 24th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I wish my kids played guitar, then I could buy more equipment and tell the wife "It's really for the kids" :poke:

Looking forward to pics and review.

Happy Holiday Mrmudcat

http://www.mudcat.org/

To be clear the link Strum links is not me or affiliated with me:poke:

Cool site though:dude:

bigoldron
December 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
To be clear the link Strum links is not me or affiliated with me:poke:

Coll site though:dude:

Not as cool as you, Brother! Merry Christmas to you and all your little catfishes! :bravo: :D

Childbride
December 25th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Sweet! :D

Happy Holidays, Muddy, to you, Ms. Mudcat, and the Mudkittens... :)

mrmudcat
December 26th, 2008, 11:55 PM
CB we do call them mudkitty's................they have also had me singing in guitar hero world tour sweet home alabama which I got 93%:dude: Thanks everyone !!!! I know my posting here has slowed it is for unforseen reasons I do come everyday and read but as for typing or anything...........well ya know where im at on that dear:( and a few of ya'll:beer:

mrmudcat
December 27th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Not as cool as you, Brother! Merry Christmas to you and all your little catfishes! :bravo: :D

You to brother,:beer: