PDA

View Full Version : New Amph Day!!!

bigoldron
December 16th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I finally got the amph I've been looking for. I traded the Vox for a Crate Vintage Club 20 and it TOTALLY ROCKS! I've only had a few minutes to play it, but OMG will that thing get LOUD! It's got a really good tone to it too! :D :bravo:

I don't see this one winding up on "turn and burn" list. She's a keeper! :AOK:
:dude: :rockon: :R :beavisnbutthead:

Robert
December 16th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Vintage Club 20 eh? Tell us more about her, bro.

bigoldron
December 16th, 2008, 09:24 PM
According to the owner's manual (a whopping 4 page document!), mine is the VC-2110R. It has 3 12AX7's in the preamp and 2 EL84's in the power amp. It has an ouput of 15 watts RMS and a 10" 16 ohm speaker. There's gain, level, bass, mid, treble and reverb controls, a headphone jack and an external speaker out as well.

It has blonde tolex, which appears to be in good condition. It's not "like new", but it's in pretty darn good shape for a used amp. I don't know year it was made, but I'll try to find that out when I get a chance.

I'll get some pics uploaded sometime in the next few days. Right now, this is a BUSY time of year, so I'll get those as soon as I can.

Did I mention that this thing is LOUD? OH MY GOD! I turned the gain up to 8 or 9 and the level to 2 and I just about couldn't stay in the room with it. I have a small (9x10) office that I keep my gear in and it's my practice room too and that little sucker just about made me leave. A minute or two of that and my wife was not happy. My ears are still ringing...

Anyway, I wanted a simple, good tube amp and this will more than fill the bill. I can't wait to play it at church. I was thinking I was going to have to mic it, but after playing it, I don't think I will. My main amp is a Crate GLX65 and I think this V20 will hang with it on volume and will beat it on sound.

I'm stoked!!! :bravo: :dude:

Robert
December 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Sweet! That's how I felt when I got my Reverend Hellhound and my Heatseeker.

Tone2TheBone
December 16th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Congrats man...nothing like loud tube amphs! :beer:

sunvalleylaw
December 16th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Good deal Ron! Congrats!

Jimi75
December 17th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Congrats Ron! I was always sceptical regarding Crate amphs, but recently I have played a V32 Palomino and that thing rocked enormously! Enjoy your new aquisition, there's nothing like the real tube!

duhvoodooman
December 17th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Nice, Ron! :AOK: :dude:

I know what you mean about loud. The day I got my Peavey Delta Blues, I couldn't believe how loud it was. Even my 5W Valve Jr. will shake the walls. Lotsa power in those little glass bottles! :eek:

oldguy
December 17th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Congrats, Ron!
The other nice thing about tubes, the longer they warm up, the better they grind. :D