PDA

View Full Version : Playing around with the Digitech EX-7 and my jaw keeps dropping...

Robert
December 16th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I finally (!) had some time to play with the distortion pedal models on this unit. Well, I have to say I'm quite impressed! I played my Suhr through my Hellhound and dang it, even the TS-9 sounds great!

Anyone else finding these distortion modeling sounds are in fact quite good? I am very impressed! I can definitely see myself taking this pedal to a gig as the only one, if I could only bring one pedal. It's pretty amazing the tonal options this unit gives you. You just have to spend a half an hour or two to get to know the sounds that are in there. I'm very impressed at what I got for $99.00 (store price, thanks to Marnold)!

marnold
December 16th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Anyone else finding these distortion modeling sounds are in fact quite good? I am very impressed! I can definitely see myself taking this pedal to a gig as the only one, if I could only bring one pedal. It's pretty amazing the tonal options this unit gives you. You just have to spend a half an hour or two to get to know the sounds that are in there. I'm very impressed at what I got for $99.00 (store price, thanks to Marnold)!
Glad to be of help.

I've always liked the Big Muff model on that thing. I haven't A/B'd it with the real McCoy, but I have used real Big Muffs and it sound pretty darn close to me. I didn't mind the Boss Metal Zone or ProCo models either. I seemed to like my Behringer better than the TS-9 model, but that was splitting hairs. I wish that they had some memory locations that you could save presets to. Basically I got mine because I wanted a wah, whammy, and volume pedal in one. This does that and a whole lot more. I at least like all of the various models on there and some of them I absolutely love.

Spudman
December 16th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Told you you'd like it. I'm happy that you didn't get rid of it. The more I use mine the happier I am that I put it on my pedal board. I keep finding new ways to have fun with it.

Lev
December 17th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Wow, I've had mine for a couple of years and have never even tried the distortion models. I guess I need to spend more time with it...