PDA

View Full Version : Surprised to find my guitar for sale

ZMAN
December 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I recently went on a local website (Kijiji) looking for a 2/12 cabinet. I was browsing through and I saw a picture of a Gibson Fireburst Studio for sale.
I clicked on it and lo and behold there is a picture of my guitar sitting on my famous couch. The other two pictures in the add are probably his and of poor quality but there she sits as plain as day. I sent him a nasty message that if he didn't take it off I would report it as a fraud.
I got to thinking how did he get my picture. So I googled Gibson Fireburst and there she is, courtesy of Photo Bucket. I guess once you put pictures up on it they are fair game. I am now rethinking the whole PB thing and might pull all my pics.
It just shows you not to believe what you see on the internet. It looks as if it is sitting in HIS living room.

just strum
December 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I guess once you put pictures up on it they are fair game. I am now rethinking the whole PB thing and might pull all my pics.

Wow, I didn't realize that. Gotta check what I have on there. That does explain why the beer girls are showing up everywhere.

Rocket
December 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Set your PB account to private.

just strum
December 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM

Done, thanks.

warren0728
December 17th, 2008, 05:42 PM

if you set it to private can you still link to pictures (to show up in a forum and such)....

Robert
December 17th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I had that happen a few times with eBay, regarding my Reverend Hellhound. I added a "copyright the veiny man" or something onto the picture itself. After that, people were less likely to steal it from my website.

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2008, 05:56 PM
if you set it to private can you still link to pictures (to show up in a forum and such)....

I join in that question.

just strum
December 17th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Let's try

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/beer_girls.jpg

just strum
December 17th, 2008, 06:03 PM
YEP:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

marnold
December 17th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Helllllooooo ladies!

sumitomo
December 17th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that. Gotta check what I have on there. That does explain why the beer girls are showing up everywhere.

Why those cheap #$%^$,better put a leash on em Strum.No wonder you dont want to take them to the island with you.Sumi:D

ZMAN
December 17th, 2008, 09:24 PM
It is set to Private. I will take Roberts suggestion and add text to them.
This jerk will not take it off the add. So I reported it as a Fraud.
BTW those are great looking Jugs...........of beer.

bigoldron
December 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
BTW those are great looking Jugs...........of beer.

I can oh so totally agree!!! :AOK: :drool:

But, hey, I'm getting tired, so I'm thinking going to bed. Anybody else getting sleepy?

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd81/bigoldron/jl13.jpg

So, what do you think of my bed cover?

peachhead
December 17th, 2008, 11:18 PM
:eek: Hey, that's my strat! :eek:

:D

bigoldron
December 17th, 2008, 11:35 PM

YOU WISH! Lucky da$% Strat... :drool: :drool:

Jimi75
December 18th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Robbing other people's pix is an absolute NO GO.
In the beginning of this year I have found a thread on another forum where a guy posted a link to my youtube ESP Les Paul video claiming it was him playing. I have contacted him and he apologized - I was about to contact the webmaster of that page to block his user cp. Don't mess with da THUG!!! :punch:

ZMAN
December 18th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I asked the guy to remove the picture 3 times. So I reported it as a fraud and the add is gone. I am going to rethink my posting on the net. Too much info out there already.
Ron, I have the same bedcover only mine is a little older, it is more of a comforter now!

SuperSwede
December 18th, 2008, 01:06 PM

What???? That is my GIRL!

just strum
December 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Jimi, I recall someone else here ran into a similar issue to a audio clip, maybe Spud?

peachhead
December 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
YOU WISH! Lucky da$% Strat... :drool: :drool:

Hey, a man's gotta dream..... :D

What???? That is my GIRL!

like I said.... :rotflmao: :poke:

thearabianmage
December 18th, 2008, 09:43 PM
On the subject of pictures being safe, I'm trying to upload my drawings onto Deviant Art so I can pimp my skills to willing folk - is anyone familiar with Deviant Art or would anyone recommend anything safer, etc.? These are my drawings. . . from my head. Not trying to put down anyone else's similar problems, but it's not like a picture of Bubba or something. . .

As a side note, I have not programs that I can add a watermark to the pictures with. . .

Cheers