PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Hiland

Guitar-Chris
June 23rd, 2006, 01:25 PM
Look at this:

Johhny Hiland (a great or big:) , almost blind guitar player) shows his new PRS signature model.

Johnny Hiland (http://www1.gitarrebass.de/magazine/0607/midi/hiland.mov)

Christian

SuperSwede
June 23rd, 2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks for that chris!

duhvoodooman
June 23rd, 2006, 05:19 PM
Cool. I'd always seen him playing a Tele. That's a gorgeous PRS model he's got as a namesake!

jpfeifer
June 23rd, 2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks for sedning that Chris.
What a great player that guy is! I like the sounds that he is getting from that guitar. For some reason I've never liked PRS guitars. I can't put my finger on the exact reason (maybe it's the fact that I can't afford one?) They play great but I've never liked their tone for whatever reason. I've always found that their tone controls were voiced in a really odd way or something. But he is getting some really great tones out of this one. I'd like to try this model sometime.

-- Jim

M29
June 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Hello Christian,

Thanks for the link, what great tone he is getting out of that guitar and what a player too. If we could just set down and hear all the different guitars and also play all the different necks.

Thanks again Christian.

M29

Robert
June 25th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Johnny is cool. I saw him last year in Edmonton and exchanged a few words with him. Supernice guy. Phenomenal picker.

srv-fan68
June 26th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Johnny gives all of us sausage fingered players new hope.

Katastrophe
June 26th, 2006, 02:12 PM
SRVfan, if you are indeed sausage fingered, have further hope, my friend... Ever seen video of Andres Segovia play? Perhaps one of the finest classical players on the planet, in his time, and he had short, stubby fingers...:D

Guitar-Chris
June 26th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Johnny is cool. I saw him last year in Edmonton and exchanged a few words with him. Supernice guy. Phenomenal picker.

Do you have a cd recommendation? Found nothing at iTunes. And after seeing same short samples of him and reading some articles i'd like to hear more of him...

duhvoodooman
June 26th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Do you have a cd recommendation?
I bought THIS (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002JUX6U/102-2357987-5380949?v=glance&n=5174) recently, and it's excellent. The last run-through of "Orange Blossom Special" had me shaking my head. Just insane....

Robert
June 26th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Hot picker, Jonny is! I think he's only done one album so far, but he's done some studio work for others (not sure what exactly).

Spudman
June 26th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Johnny gives all of us sausage fingered players new hope.

Good player. I hadn't heard much of him before. Thanks for the exposure guys.
As for the sausage...if he laid off of it they wouldn't be sausages. I hope he doesn't end up passing prematurely because of his condition. We still need inspirational pickers like him around.

srv-fan68
June 27th, 2006, 05:41 AM
SRVfan, if you are indeed sausage fingered, have further hope, my friend... Ever seen video of Andres Segovia play? Perhaps one of the finest classical players on the planet, in his time, and he had short, stubby fingers...:D

I'll seek out a video of that. Thanks. :)

Katastrophe
July 19th, 2006, 06:57 AM
On the recommendation of this thread, I bought Johnny Hiland's 1st album... Great playing. My favorite is "Truth Hurts." Johnny stretches out on this instrumental.

The man plays fast, but there's feeling and thought there. Thanks for the review!