PDA

View Full Version : Vinnie Is The Man!

street music
December 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I am happy to report that V-Picks are for real. I got my pack today and I can say there is a difference in tone with each when used on my Takamine. I haven't used them on my electric as of yet but the feel and smoothness is there . THANKS VINNIE for a great product I love the thin pick best of all.

sumitomo
December 17th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Guess I'll have to get some to see what all the huss is about.Sumi:D

street music
December 17th, 2008, 08:03 PM
sumi, I think that would be something you might want to do if you like the ability to change tones with just a switch of picks. It is really noticeable when you change from the stubby heavy to thinner medium but the feel was what I noted in each of them. www.v-picks.com

tjcurtin1
December 17th, 2008, 09:34 PM
+1 - I just got a couple (thanks, Vinnie!) and even though I am much less experienced than many here, there was no question about the tonal differences made available by the two that I got, on both electric and acoustic. I've only just started to noodle with them, but for the price of a pack of strings, they really add something notable to one's tone kit. So, re the question of cost/value, in the case of the V-pick I'd have to say it clearly falls on the side of the V.

Interesting sound, btw - smooth, fat, less bright than a thinner pick (it seems that this tendency is generally true of thicker picks from my experience). I was surprised that I felt comfortable playing with what is for me such a thick pick. I would imagine that experienced players would appreciate finer points than I.

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I received a pack about two days ago as well and they feel good in the hand. I left them at work and have not been able to play with them yet. The guitar that resides at work has be neglected of late. But I hope to soon and report back. I do like the feel in the hands.

Spudman
December 18th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Vinnie is a great guy that goes out of his way to promote his product and develop other products as well. He makes sure his customers are happy. That is a pretty rare thing in today's market.:AOK: ...and he plays a mean guitar.:D

tot_Ou_tard
December 20th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah, he seems to be a good soul & I'm with tj. I'm not a very experienced player, but I noticed a difference. I'm happy to have them.

street music
December 21st, 2008, 07:11 AM
I got the v-picks out yesterday with my Godin , using the Fender Princeton, and the Takamine , using the Crate amp. It was just amazing to me how big a difference in tone and ease of picking that was present on both guitars. I found a soft darker tone with one pick, a brighter clear sound with another and yet a fully attack with the other. I have placed an order for the acoustic pick in hope of finding yet another sound quality. The fact this has made an difference to my ear , NO LONGER THAN I HAVE BEEN PLAYING , convinces me that it going to be more noteable to the trained ear.

Robert
December 21st, 2008, 09:32 AM
Good to see I'm not the only one finding these picks very good. I use mine a lot.

sunvalleylaw
December 21st, 2008, 10:40 PM
I am posting this in two threads, as I am not sure which thread is more proper.

played with mine last night and liked them. I thought I noticed a difference right off. As compared to a Fender Heavy, the other pick I had handy, I had less string noise strumming, and my strumming was smoother. Especially with the thicker rounder one. I could see really preferring this pick when I am playing rhythm. The thinner, pointier one was a closer in comparison to my normal Fender heavys and Tortex ones I normally use. The thicker pointier one might be a good compromise pick. It seemed to still be pretty smooth strumming, and felt a bit more accurate and quick for me for lead type picking as compared to the even thicker, more rounded one. I need to continue to play more with them and see, but I am impressed so far.

Thanks Vinnie!

just strum
December 21st, 2008, 11:39 PM
played with mine last night and liked them. ...I need to continue to play more with them and see, but I am impressed so far.

Thanks Vinnie!

That could use some editing.:D

street music
December 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
Strum, get your mind out of the gutter, find the beer girls and get them to share some with you.