PDA

View Full Version : Who here has recorded music we can buy?

sunvalleylaw
December 18th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I know we have some members that have recorded music that can be purchased, and it being last minute holiday shopping season, I thought it might be nice to have a list.

I know Brian Krashpad has some, as I have purchased some (any new? some from that charity event?), and you can buy Frank Axtell's stuff online, but who else? I really love independent music and would love to support some fellow fretter musicians.
Brian and Frank, if you could remind us how you find your stuff, that would be great too.

Ro3b, do you have some stuff recorded? I recall listening to some really nice Irish music you posted once and am very curious if you have more, solo or with your group. :AOK:

Spudman
December 18th, 2008, 10:24 AM
If you can find the "Freedom On Skis" and "Freedom On Skis II" adventure ski videos you can buy them and you'll find my music on the soundtrack. Both of these were played on ESPN2 regularly for a while. Good luck.

Robert
December 18th, 2008, 10:31 AM
cdtele - he is a great player.

http://www.chuckdaloiamusic.com/id15.html

Ch0jin
December 18th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Not in time for Christmas, but if our short film makes it into Tropfest (Aussie short film festival) next January you can buy the DVD with our film and a bunch of others. I play bass in the band the film is about, so hopefully this post is on topic :)

Ro3b
December 18th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Ro3b, do you have some stuff recorded? I recall listening to some really nice Irish music you posted once and am very curious if you have more, solo or with your group.

Hey, thanks! The somewhat embarrassingly titled cd A Celtic Fair by Maggie Sansone, which is chock full of me playing rhythm guitar, is available at her website (http://www.maggiesmusic.com/mm112.html), on iTunes (http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/stat?id=vXTx/X5BC3Y&offerid=146261&type=3&subid=0&tmpid=1826&RD_PARM1=http%253A%252F%252Fitunes.apple.com%252FW ebObjects%252FMZStore.woa%252Fwa%252FviewAlbum%253 Fi%253D258489350%2526id%253D258489242%2526s%253D14 3441%2526partnerId%253D30), or wherever you go to buy small-label hammer dulcimer cds.

My old band Roaring Mary did a cd of more straightforward Irish music; it's out of print now, but my friend Philippe Varlet at Celtic Grooves (http://celticgrooves.homestead.com/CG_Roaring_Mary.html) still has some in stock. (If you're into this kind of stuff at all, look around his website; pretty much everything he carries is excellent.)

hubberjub
December 18th, 2008, 11:34 PM
We have two CDs for sale. I prefer to give it away though.

Spudman
December 19th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Turns out I've got about 150 Cd's for sale starting with AC/DC all the way through Zeppelin. Make me some offers.:D

tot_Ou_tard
December 19th, 2008, 05:27 PM
We have two CDs for sale. I prefer to give it away though.
Why don't you donate one of each to the Holiday Raffle?

:poke:I'm sure that a whole bunch of Fretters want to join in the fun, they've just been too busy. ;) :poke:

Andy
December 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I should have an ep posted soon for free (it's not that great!)

I have been working on a cd with a drummer , I mentioned it in annother thread(the burned tourbus one, I think).It's hard rock stuff

We have 4 songs completed but the mixdown went wrong, once I started playing it in different players , car, boombox,computer it has an awefull clipping going on.when I converted them to mp3 for uploading it was even worse!

I'm at a loss for why that happened. so alot of work has to be redun, theres too much work invested in the songs too start over.and I will just have to borrow some better monitors as well.I was hoping to have something up by now.

when it does get uploaded I'll post the link

luvmyshiner
December 19th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I have a CD available with one song performed by my lovely Child Bride. The price is one million dollars US (checks not accepted, preferably cash). But I only need to sell one.:beer:

SuperSwede
December 20th, 2008, 01:49 AM
You can probably buy all of Frank Axtells tracks somewhere.

Jimi75
December 20th, 2008, 05:44 AM
The most popular one is the one we recorded for a German major league icehockey club.

Here's the CD cover....it's the item on top

http://www.ev-duisburg.de/fanshop/index.php?cat=c198_Sonstiges.html&XTCsid=52b7a3d09974dc8fbd8936e7361783ac

And here's a video of the song playing in the stadium...makes me happy everytime I see it...:rotflmao:
BSRX0cXlRDo&feature=related

oldguy
December 20th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Wow, Jimi, that's cool! Those fans seemed to be getting into that song, no wonder it makes you smile, you made them smile.......... with your music!:D :beer:

oldguy
December 20th, 2008, 10:04 PM
If anyone's interested, I've got 9 or so original tunes that are pretty much not being used at the moment.........
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Help Robert keep this place going w/ a donation and I'll hook 'ya up.

Seriously, this is just stuff I've done since I joined, but if you would make a small donation for this great site, I can save you the trouble of going through the archives to find all the wonderfully twisted material I've relegated to my easy listening list of...........easy listening.
It would make a great Christmas gift if you downloaded it and ripped a CD for your loved ones at the last minute..........you know......the ones you hadn't planned on.........oh, never mind.:D :D :D

Brian Krashpad
December 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
I know we have some members that have recorded music that can be purchased, and it being last minute holiday shopping season, I thought it might be nice to have a list.

I know Brian Krashpad has some, as I have purchased some (any new? some from that charity event?)...

The homeless charity CD should come out in 2009, hopefully in about 3 or 4 months. It will have one Crash Pad song on it, and the rest will be other Gainesville bands. I will definitely post a thread here when it comes out.

Both my bands have CD's, I have no idea what is up with the side-band one (Hoyt and the HotHeads) that you bought, I know it took Hoyt forever to get a copy to you (hopefully he included a bunch of stuff from the unreleased second album also), iirc it is out-of-print so he just duped you a copy on his computer or something.

Crash Pad had a CD we put out 3 years or so ago, but all we ever did was make them one at a time on computer since we knew no one would want them, haha. If anyone likes old school punk rock and roll, I'd be happy to send them the CD for like a couple bucks to cover postage and the blank CD. I'll include the new song that will go on the charity CD as well. I think that'd bring the total to about 14 songs or so (one song is sorta a medley of two songs on one track). The new charity CD song is the first one listed on the Crash Pad myspace page, and the other songs there are from the CD from 3 years ago.

No one'll get anything before Christmas at this point though!