PDA

View Full Version : Grettings folks !

ted s
June 25th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Another new guy here, found my way from Robert's Dolphinstreet site. I have re-entered playing after 25 years or so, took lessons as a kid for 7 years and stupidly stopped. A month or so ago I came back, trying to pick up. My lovely wife of 14 years surprised me with lessons for our anniversary to push me off the fence. It's great to be so distracted with music, guitars, and forums like this.
I have an unbranded accoustic (1977), ElDegas LP type (1980 or so), AriaProII e335 type (mid 80's) and a small Traynor TS15. I have always been a rock and blues fan but enjoy anything if it sounds good.

As a side note, it should be quite simple to harrass Robert for his demonstration DVD's now ! ;)

Best regards all

Ted

oldguy
June 25th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Welcome aboard, Ted! This is a great place to learn and get acquainted with fellow pickers. Glad to meet you. Looks like you've got some good gear to get you going!:)
Best wishes,
Glenn H.

SuperSwede
June 25th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Welcome to thefret.net Ted, this a great place!

Those Aria Pro II are really nice 335 copies :)

duhvoodooman
June 25th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Welcome, Ted. Lots of rock & blues fans here, so jump right in! :D

P.S. Nice wife you have there!

Katastrophe
June 25th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Welcome! Pull up a chair and stay a while. That's awesome for your wife to spring for lessons.

And, as for distractions about guitars and equipment, by signing in here you have exposed yourself to the Spudman-Nelskie-Robert Strain of G.A.S., otherwise known as Gear Acquisition syndrome. You will feel the need to purchase:

1) A Squier '51 Vintage Modified
2) VOX AD**VT series amph (for screaming solos)
3) Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive pedal
4) Epiphone Valve Jr. amph head (5 watts of raging tube power, for more screaming solos, common in the duhvoodooman version of the syndrome)
5) Squier Strats, bought in at least multiples of 2 at a time
6) Any Peavey Classic Series tube amph
7) An SX bass
8) An Epiphone LP, with Duncan pickups, and a poster of the good Rev. Billy G.,

This syndrome is NOT curable, but the symptoms MAY be lessened by the acquisition of more and varied equipment. Only poverty has prevented me from falling victim to this syndrome. Have fun here, and good luck, man!:D :DR :R

Iago
June 25th, 2006, 07:09 PM
5) Squier Strats, bought in at least multiples of 2 at a time

Hummm I didn`t knew this one... gas...gas..gas. mwa-ha-ha-ha!!!

Welcome Ted!!! I won`t give you three months till you buy a tube amp!:R

ted s
June 25th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys, I've been checking out some older threads, seems like a good bunch here.

Robert
June 25th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Welcome Ted, glad you could join us!

Spudman
June 26th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Welcome Ted. That Kat is one funny heckler. Only thing is...most of what he said is true. Just hide your wallet and focus on playing your guitar.

Glad to have you on board.

blogan
June 26th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Ted, welcome! By the way, Kat's GAS list is not complete. You'll find yourself GAS'ing for lots of other stuff, too. ;) I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that it's my playing that sucks, though, not my gear. :eek:

Sounds like you have a great wife. I'm contemplating lessons myself.

tremoloman
June 28th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Welcome aboard the S.S. Musician!

Tim
June 29th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Welcome Ted. The Kat speaks the truth. GAS can become a pandemic which is normally provoked by reading other member’s description of new gear they just purchased. Be careful when reading such articles.

ted s
June 30th, 2006, 03:47 PM
thanks again guys...............

M29
July 20th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Hello Ted Welcome to TheFret.Net!

M29