PDA

View Full Version : o, sugar....

Childbride
December 18th, 2008, 08:49 PM
i actually made a pact to keep this secret, to not post about it... [edit: i asked those i told not to say anything, it was my secret, not anyone else's]

and now i just can't help it...

==============

i acquired Wing's ASAT.

i came home from another 10-12 hr day of court this week to find her on the pool table.

we unpacked her, opened the case, and my eyes widened in awe as i sucked in my breath. she's beautiful.

after supper, shiner turned on the firefly, i tuned her up... plugged her in...

and i played her.

o, holy _______ batman...

i have no words.

her action... the maple neck... the pickups... the sound... the music flows from her like butter. she is my new Muse. she whispers to me. she has finger magnets.

she makes me sound good. :rotflmao:

i have never played a guitar like her. ever.

one more docket between me and a week off with her, my kids, and my husband.

and shiner will have to pry her from my fingers to go to sleep tonight. :D [if i can get her back from him; he's playing her behind me right now... wait, she's mine, i can get her back... ;) ]

Wings, i promise she will have the best humidity, the best care, and the most attention i can give her.

she and i are going to become BFF's. i can tell already. :D :D :D

bigoldron
December 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Congrats, CB! Sounds like you've found "that one" guitar that talks to you! I know she's in good hands! We're all proud and excited you! And just in time for Christmas! Enjoy her and I hope that you and Shiner and your family have the happiest of holidays! :AOK: :bravo: :dude:

Now, if you can figure out to trick Shiner into putting the ASAT down... :D

Set a six pack on a table nearby, but just out of reach (including the cord) and see if he'll bite. :rotflmao:

duhvoodooman
December 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Glad to see that (1) Wingsdad finally sold the ASAT, and that (2) it went to a good home! :AOK: :dude: :bravo:

BTW, how do you know that it's a "she"?? Isn't that rather presumptuous? :poke: ;)

luvmyshiner
December 18th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Set a six pack on a table nearby, but just out of reach (including the cord) and see if he'll bite. :rotflmao:

It worked. You're a cruel, cruel man Ron.:cry:

Childbride
December 18th, 2008, 10:02 PM
thanks, Ron... y'all will hear her next week, hopefully, when we record... she's my new BFF in the electric world. or the dark side. or whatever. :rotflmao:

DVM... o, she's a she. my muse is always female.

besides, she already told me her nickname. Wings named her Sugar, and that rings true. but she whispered another name to me tonight that corroborates. ;)

wingsdad
December 18th, 2008, 11:10 PM
... the music flows from her like butter. she is my new Muse. she whispers to me. she has finger magnets.

she makes me sound good. :rotflmao:

Perfect. :D :cool: :AOK:

She found her way home. I just helped her along. :)

bigoldron
December 19th, 2008, 06:05 AM
It worked. You're a cruel, cruel man Ron.:cry:

Just a realist. It's the same reason a game warden will write you up for hunting over a baited field when you shoot another redneck at a beer joint. :beer: And I do know my rednecks, 'cause I are one... :rotflmao:

bigoldron
December 19th, 2008, 06:08 AM
besides, she already told me her nickname. Wings named her Sugar, and that rings true. but she whispered another name to me tonight that corroborates. ;)

OK, now you've got my curiosity up. Name, please...

evenkeel
December 19th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Congrats CB!! Sounds like a great guitar found a great new home. :bravo: :bravo:

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Congrats CB! You have some nice new gear coming into that house!

P.S. You made me get a "The Archies" song in my head with that subject title. :rotflmao:

piebaldpython
December 19th, 2008, 11:54 AM
SWEET AXE!!! :bravo: Hope you two bond well. ahaa

Steve206
December 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Kudos to you Texans,,,,

Great guitars for folks who really want to appreciate them. And it would seem that Shiner is living a charmed life???

Happy Holiday

Steve

oldguy
December 19th, 2008, 02:23 PM
That is one beautiful guitar, and I'm glad it stayed "in the family", so to speak.
It's bound to be your new favorite, if only you can get it away from Shiner long enough to play it.......;)

street music
December 19th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Congrats CB, that is great to see you already got a stocking stuffer, NOW JUST WAIT TILL YOU GET THE BIG GIFT. I know Shiner has something else he is holding out on giving you besides a cold beer.

M29
December 19th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Congrats CB

luvmyshiner
December 19th, 2008, 05:05 PM
know Shiner has something else he is holding out on giving you besides a cold beer.

Um . . . that's all she wanted for Christmas.:beer:

Last night after playing with sugar, I broke out my old OE30 a little for comparison purposes. All day I've been trying to think of a proper analogy. The closest I can come up with, is that it's like the difference between using a surgical scalpel and a plastic knife, or better yet, a spoon.:master:

street music
December 19th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Dang Shiner, that is a big difference. I thought that you would know by now they never tell you everything on the list-surprise her with a great new Marshall or Peavey under the tree.

NOTE to CB, I'm tryng to help all I can.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO BOTH OF YOU!

luvmyshiner
December 19th, 2008, 07:23 PM
In my defense Street, it is an UNOPENED cold beer, and that's a pretty rare item in my house.:D

Childbride
December 19th, 2008, 08:11 PM
:D :master: to my husband, i thank you.

acquiring Sugar was a joint effort.

i have everything, Everything that i could possibly want for xmas.

i have a wonderful husband, kids who are going to be here this week, beautiful instruments to play and share with y'all [please don't thow eggs, they stain monitors or something] my health...

gram and katie are still healthy and kicking...

wonderful friends who light up my days...

my list goes on and on.

i pray for the families who have lost their jobs this year. i pray for those who are doing without. i pray with the families, many in my 'inner circle', who have lost family this year.

i am Blessed. i need not another Thing.

i thank you for your friendship. :)

k

Childbride
December 19th, 2008, 08:40 PM
just got off the phone w/BG. she promises to sing and play for you all next week. :) lotses. :D she gets here tomorrow.