PDA

View Full Version : My Red Roadhouse Strat came today!!!

oldguy
December 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Some of you may be thinking " didn't he buy that awhile back?"...............
uh, yeah............ but I just got this today!:D :D :D

I checked Ser. #'s,........ the way Fender dated the Roadhouse series these could either be the same yr. or 1 yr. apart.
In any case, I love the Texas Special p.u.'s and the maple neck on the 1st Roadhouse, enough so that I bid on this second one, and consequently won it on you-know-'bay. The big surprise was finding another Candy Apple Red one! I see a few here and there, but usually in a different color.
They're both U.S.A. models, and they both cost about the same as the current M.I.M. model.

And now that I have this, I'm done buying guitars!;)

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_115494bdc0aa0b9e.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=851)

player
December 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Right Done until something else gives you GAS lol :rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Cost about the same as current MIM's? Cool! Congrats!

snoglobe
December 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Very cool.

Are they set up the same - tunings, string gauge, etc.?

Do you notice any differences in tonality between the two? ie. is one sweeter and the other darker?

duhvoodooman
December 19th, 2008, 12:22 PM
A very cool set of bookends there, OG! And if one spontaneously ignites from your incendiary guitar stylings, you have a backup right there! :rockon:

oldguy
December 19th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Very cool.

Are they set up the same - tunings, string gauge, etc.?

Do you notice any differences in tonality between the two? ie. is one sweeter and the other darker?

It was just delivered this morning.........after I get it restrung and set up I'll know more. I did get some unplugged playing done on it.......... it definately has to have new strings, and it will get the usual cleaning/polishing routine, but so far, seems good.:D

Robert
December 19th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Nice! Hey they look like twins. Somebody got lucky...

just strum
December 20th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Congrats on the new guitar. Seems a few HNGD's going on around here in the last week.

mrmudcat
December 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I would set one with 9's and the other with 10's/11's..................................opinion only!(remember to adjust the pups until you like them!! It took me a lil while to do so)

oldguy
December 20th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I would set one with 9's and the other with 10's/11's..................................opinion only!(remember to adjust the pups until you like them!! It took me a lil while to do so)

Thanks, muddy......I'd already bought several sets of strings to experiment with, and was thinking of 9.5 -44's on one and 10-46's on the other. I know that doesn't sound like a huge difference, but I took the first Strat down for my 80 yr. old Dad to play, and he loved it! He's partial to 9's, I like 10's, so I thought a 9.5 set might be a nice compromise when I "loan" it out again.:D

street music
December 20th, 2008, 05:55 PM
OG, that's very nice. DID YOU SAY SOMETHING offering a BAIL OUT???? LOAN?????? I'm ready to head to Washington DC for my bail out money and maybe I can get a couple of new guitars to open up a in house guitar gallery.

oldguy
December 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I might have mentioned "loan", I haven't needed bail money for yrs.
Good luck on your trip to D.C.
I have a sinking feeling us working boys from Missouri and Kentucky won't get much of a bailout, unless we own a car company or a bank.
If you're ever up this way stop in, if we can get a jam session going I'll be happy to "loan" you whatever guitar and amp you want to use. :D