PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

street music
December 20th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I know that it's a few days early but I wanted to kick thing off by wishing each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season filled with happy , healthy, family memories. Times may be getting harder in the near future and we need friends and family to band together for all things to improve. I try to give a few dollars to charity each year and see that locals benefit from that. I want to thank each forum member that has been a part of discussions on THE FRET, it gives relief to daily stress and ROBERT I say thanks to you for providing such a site. May each of us have a better year in 09.:dude: :dude: :rockon: :beer: :bravo:

just strum
December 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Happy Holiday to everyone and I wish all of you a joyful time during this period of the celebration of your choice.

Robert
December 20th, 2008, 06:35 PM
God Jul everyone, and may the force be with you. Thanks everyone for creating the best guitar forum on the net!

Take good care of your family and your "extended family" (your guitar gear) :D we need you back in top shape for the new year!

Merry Christmas and Joyeux Noel!

peachhead
December 20th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I know that it's a few days early but I wanted to kick thing off by wishing each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season filled with happy , healthy, family memories. Times may be getting harder in the near future and we need friends and family to band together for all things to improve. I try to give a few dollars to charity each year and see that locals benefit from that. I want to thank each forum member that has been a part of discussions on THE FRET, it gives relief to daily stress and ROBERT I say thanks to you for providing such a site. May each of us have a better year in 09.:dude: :dude: :rockon: :beer: :bravo:

I couldn't have said it better myself. Merry Christmas to all!

evenkeel
December 20th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Merry Christmas!!

Happy Chanukah for those that are lighting candles starting tomorrow night!!

Good time to thank all the fretters for some good conversations, good info and more than a few laughs.

oldguy
December 20th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Yep.........everybody have a good one, where ever you are. And thank you all for the lively discussion,cool attitudes, and family atmosphere you've brought to this place.

SuperSwede
December 21st, 2008, 02:41 AM
Merry Christmas! God Jul!

Katastrophe
December 21st, 2008, 06:38 AM
Merry Christmas!

I celebrate 4 Christmases every year (Mrs. Kat's parents, as well as mine, divorced and remarried).

We had the first one last night. We started a new tradition last year of making tamales from scratch. So, we rolled tamales, drank a beer or two, and cut up and made general fools of ourselves. Probably the best time we've had in years.

I ate so much that I got a tummy ache, which still hurts this morning. It was worth it.

3 more to go. Everyone have a happy, AND SAFE, holiday season. Don't forget a designated driver, and watch our for the amateurs on the road.:AOK:

Brian Krashpad
December 21st, 2008, 08:11 AM
Happy Christmas and Merry Hannukah everyone.

And a verrrrrrry soulful Kwanzaa!

Brian Krashpad
December 21st, 2008, 08:14 AM
Merry Christmas!

I celebrate 4 Christmases every year (Mrs. Kat's parents, as well as mine, divorced and remarried).

Haha, we do two-- one with my folks and family (yesterday, this year at my brother's in Orlando), one with the inlaws (on Christmas up in Atlanta). Mrs. Krashpad's birthday is on Christmas and her dad's is on Boxing Day.

just strum
December 21st, 2008, 08:23 AM
We have always had a tradition of opening gifts Christmas morning and once the first child was capable of climbing out of the crib, that tended to be around 3:00AM. Even as they got older, up until they were 13, I think it was never later than 3:00AM. After that they would give us to a more respectable 6-7:30 AM.

Well, this year my son has to work and starts at 7:00AM, so I suggested we break tradition and open on Christmas Eve. My daughter is rebelling and insists that we stick with tradition. She feels my son can get up, open gifts, and then go to work. I tried to explain to her that it really sucks to open gifts and not be able to sit back and take it all in.

My daughters next solution is that my wife and I have Christmas with him on Christmas Eve and then again with her on Christmas morning. So we have a problem at the Strum house. The only good part of that idea is I don't have to pack up the car in the morning, I can just sleep under the tree until round two arrives.

Robert
December 21st, 2008, 09:36 AM
I will be in California over Christmas. That will be a different experience for sure. We have a 3 day pass for Disneyland, but we don't have any specific plans otherwise. We won't have any gifts this year, because the Disneyland trip is "the one" gift to all of us.

tjcurtin1
December 21st, 2008, 12:19 PM
Best Holiday wishes to you Fretter guys 'n gals. Thanks for all your camaraderie over the year!

Ted

Bloozcat
December 21st, 2008, 09:05 PM
A very, very Merry Christmas to one and all.

I hope everyone's Christmas is filled with family, love, joy, laughter, and reflection. It's a wonderful time for celebrating all of our many blessings...

M29
December 22nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Christmas is different this year. Our family has been destroyed by our step family when my dad passed away last spring. Things are going well though and we are having Christmas at home, it is just a whole lot different. :D I am sorry for the negativity but it helps to let it go.

I wanted to thank you all for the joy that this site has brought to me and thank you Robert for keeping it joyful and for all the time and effort you put into it.

Merry Christmas to those that observe it and Happy Holidays to all.
God Bless:rockon:

M

Katastrophe
December 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Mrs. Krashpad's birthday is on Christmas and her dad's is on Boxing Day.

Mrs. Kat's B-Day is on the 28th, and she gets short changed every year, gift wise.

just strum
December 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Mine was originally Dec 26th, but I falsified my birth certificate when the doctors weren't looking and changed it to May 18th.

Suhnton
December 24th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Well, it's already Santa's Day in this part of the world. Wishing everyone a Merry Xmas, hope the turkey turns out as expected. In Japan, no-one bothers with cooking a whole bird. KFC is the chicken of choice. There was a long queue at the one near my place, The Colonel will be pleased. :)

syo
December 24th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Merry Christmas! Wherever you are in this world I wish you peace, good health and pleasant holidays.

bigoldron
December 24th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Merry Christmas to all my friends here at the Fret!

This is indeed a time of gathering with family, sharing gifts of love and joy and, for those of us who believe, worshiping the birth of our Risen Savior! To those of you who don't believe in Christmas or Christ, I wish you also joy, happiness and love during this blessed time of year!

markb
December 24th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I'll let Sir Nodward of Holder say it for me :beer: :beer:

niIJ9Yb-xwQ

I can actually stand to hear this song this year as I haven't been hearing it three times an hour for the last couple of weeks.

Spudman
December 25th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I hope everybody has a stellar day today. Be safe and be happy.

Justaguyin_nc
December 25th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Happy Holidays everyone...:)

Highway_61
December 25th, 2008, 01:34 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/Highway_61/HappyHolidays.gif

Jimi75
December 25th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Merry Christmas to you all. Enjoy the time with your families and may your wishes come true and your GAS be ceased ;-)

Katastrophe
December 25th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Merry Christmas, fellow Fretters!:AOK:

oldguy
December 25th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Merry Christmas!!

duhvoodooman
December 25th, 2008, 08:29 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Fretters!!!

Bloozcat
December 25th, 2008, 08:51 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Ah, the mornings carnage is over, the wrapping paper's strewn about the floor. Mrs. Bloozcat is glowing with all of her new presents, and I am busy digging through my new "gear."

I hope that everyone's Christmas is as wonderful as they've hoped it would be.

street music
December 25th, 2008, 09:02 AM
It is turning out to be a great Christmas morning, new flat screen for the newly assembled computer, a CCR easy tab for Guitar book, two guitar shirts, two new pocket knifes, I won a great new digital game camera, the son and daughter in law are home with us for a few days, sun is out and warming up may hit 50 today.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

bigoldron
December 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Merry Christmas to you all. Enjoy the time with your families and may your wishes come true and your GAS be ceased ;-)

I hate to bust your bubble, but GAS never sleeps.. :master:

ET335
December 25th, 2008, 11:02 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS FRETTERS!!

Blaze
December 25th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Joyeux Noel

Merry Christmas from Québec Canada

Blazes:pancake:

Childbride
December 25th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Happy Holidays to all our fretter friends from the Shiner household! :)

marnold
December 25th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Merry Christmas from the official Fret Clergy Association.

sunvalleylaw
December 25th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone enjoys time with family and/or friends. The kids got the Wii here, and we are all having fun with that, and I received the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay, along with some new Livewire patch cables to clean up my pedal board with, and a pack of ultex picks. We also received a huge snowstorm and had more than 2 new feet on the ground and over 3 or 4 feet drifted about. It is awesome!