PDA

View Full Version : John Norum/Europe back in the studio

loudncrunchy
June 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM
This just in from the official Europe website: John Norum and his bandmates are at work finishing up the tracks for the followup to 2004's successful Start From the Dark. John recently tried out 10 Gibson guitars for this new CD and came up with the one that gives him the best guitar sound he has ever had. To find out exactly which Gibson John chose, go to: www.europetheband, click on NEWS twice and click on the most recent entry at the right.

Spudman
April 1st, 2007, 01:34 PM
The newest album "Secret Society" gets two thumbs up from me. It is a very well done album and it rocks! Great playing, nice guitar sounds, good song craft and clean production. First rate...and the singing is quite good. None of that Final Countdown whining.

Spudman
April 2nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
This is a really good album. Secret Society

Go to this page and wait for the sound. You'll hear a cut from the new album. http://www.europetheband.com/fyrabugg.html

If you shake the hand off the right shoulder you'll find the media player and can watch videos.

SuperSwede
April 3rd, 2007, 02:26 AM
Secret Society is a good album, but they should have included Kee Marcello in the band again.

Jimi75
April 3rd, 2007, 04:44 AM
Secret Society as well as Start from the dark are constantly in my car.
For me Europe cemented one of the best rock come backs in 2004.

Absolutely gergeous band with hyper song writing and a little more kick a** than Bon Jovi.

Spudman
April 3rd, 2007, 07:17 AM
I'm glad to hear that others like this as well. I used to play "Final Countdown" in my repertoire and it was good and all but the new stuff is way more meaty and sincere.

Robert
April 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
I have to go check this out. Europe were huge in back when I got into playing guitar. They were a big inspiration too. I always loved John Norum's playing - very talented guy.

ShortBuSX
April 3rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
Ever heard his version/solo of "Flight of the Bumble Bee"???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XArR9NTMks

Robert
April 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
That's not John Norum - that's Kee Marcello, who is also a great guitarist. He is from the same town as me - UmeƄ!