PDA

View Full Version : Recording guitar effects

Steve206
December 22nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
I don't know if this will help or just confuse,,,,,

I have one of those cheap lil fender 15W, SS amps, that I purchased when I got my Strat. Fine when it is the only thing in the house that can make things louder. I then fell into one of those 128 effect preamps. Hooked it up to my living room stereo and I was playing better than I ever had.

After getting another electric guitar or two, I went with one of those Vox AD-30VT amps. It had effects and I seemed to have forgotten about my pre-amp for some reason. Being a dedicated living room player with a lifelong dream to be able to record some tunes, the Vox has been filling the bill.

For those of you thinking about getting one of these amps,,,,,AND, possibly have an idea of recording in the near future.

I just did a little recording with my Zoom MRS8. It also has guitar effects. I was really impressed with the results of the recorder. And, if it seems to you like every little new piece of gear, is coming with built in effects, I would take a listen first before I bought a modeling amp. I will provide a clip of the effect that I am talking about.

Unless, of course, you are using it to play out.

It just seems to me that my next casio wrist watch will have guitar effects built in,,,,,I could be wrong,,,,

Also, be aware that even though I have been at this for a while, I really do not know anything about the fretboard and where the next note should be hiding.

Steve

markb
December 22nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Yep, even my computers have built in guitar effects (without buying extra software). If only they'd remembered to install a 1/4" jack :)