PDA

View Full Version : tunes in progress

Steve206
December 22nd, 2008, 11:18 PM
http://www.box.net/shared/fo0pc2nhxj

This is a tune that I am trying to find words for. Not being Hawaiian and wishing I was, makes it hard to replicate the vocals.

Anyway, done on the Zoom MRS-8. The rhythm track is not there because I have not mastered the tune. My card reader does not read the rhythm track on un-mastered projects. Two accoustic guitars right and left, playing the same pattern in open D. Added a 12 string with a little slide, also in open D. Squire Strat, 1 humbucker, made in indonesia, played in open D, through the Vox AD30VT, with some phase dialed in. 4 tracks so far. Thinking that I have enough guitars and need a small, wall, of waheenies belting out background vocals behind the lead line.

http://www.box.net/shared/krutj7obnb

This is the same tuning and the same shapes with a different rhythm. Another 4 tracks that is missing the rhythm track. Also, without the project being mastered, the peak levels are a little out of whack. The effect from the Zoom also sounds a lot better through the unit. Having a project in a mastered format sounds pretty good, but, I have not learned how to go back into them to make changes.

Two accoustics in open D. 12 string in open D. Washburn HB32 [335 copy] played through the zoom recorder with an effect that I do not remember the name of. I have no idea what else to add, except for some vocals by Donald Fagan.

When I flesh these out some more, I will share again, with whatever progress there is. Also wanted to explain that I have no idea where the next note is coming from. Played finger style, as that is what I have been doing.

Thanks for listening,,,,

Steve

piebaldpython
December 23rd, 2008, 12:15 AM
Hey Steve,
I took a listen to both tunes and I will try (ahaha) to keep this brief. First, major kudos to you for doing TWO songs and recording/mixing all 4 guitar parts. I thought your choice of using Open D for the acoustics was great. In Song 1, the acoustics gave it kind of a CSN&Y "Carry On" feel, in the way that it boomed out. Very cool. Song 2, the acoustic work was more intricate and it kept my attention all song long in that I was thinking that you could have done some acoustic soloing if you had wanted. You obviously have the skills to go that direction in the future. The electrics sounded nice in both tunes. I'm a sucker for slide work as you know. Nice soloing with the HB-32. I'm looking forward to hearing more tunes from you. Really, really fine acoustic stuff.

Jipes
December 23rd, 2008, 04:44 AM
Hello Steve,

That sounds pretty good to me I love the groove and the sound of the 12 string on both tunes.

I guess you used a flanger on the first soloing it sounds spacy but nice. I agree that it has a CSN &Y flavour :AOK:

I like slighty less the sound of the electric soloing maybe not enough texture, too thin ?

I'm sure you can find some great Lyrics and made a nice song out of that. thanks for sharing

street music
December 25th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Hey, Merry Christmas Steve, I'm they only one up at my house this morning and just sitting here enjoying your tunes. Nice work and I could easily see Bo Derek is her younger days walking up the beach towards me in the Cayman Islands.
The second one has several possibilities and appears to be a great track for a future easy listening track.

Nice work.