PDA

View Full Version : what do you think....

warren0728
December 23rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
of this....

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/967767659.html

just strum
December 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Depending on where you buy it, they sell $400 to $500. I had an Epi SG that wasn't a deluxe that I sold for $340 with case. If it's in good shape, I would offer $250 and go from there, but I wouldn't mention my price until I was face to face with the person. I assume this is near you, yes?

I liked mine, except too neck heavy. A good guitar to have in the collection and I believe the Deluxe is no longer offered by Epi.

warren0728
December 23rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
it's no longer available....the custom shop part is confusing....i didn't know epiphone had a custom shop....yeah it's with 20 minutes of me but i haven't contacted the seller yet....i'm on the fence and just spent a boatload of money on the kids for christmas....

i like the color and haven't found any other pics of that color....

just strum
December 23rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
it's no longer available....the custom shop part is confusing....i didn't know epiphone had a custom shop....yeah it's with 20 minutes of me but i haven't contacted the seller yet....i'm on the fence and just spent a boatload of money on the kids for christmas....

i like the color and haven't found any other pics of that color....

Well, I hope you didn't spend too much on me.

Not that this is in your area (although they might ship it)

http://rochester.craigslist.org/msg/947652794.html

duhvoodooman
December 23rd, 2008, 04:01 PM
That guitar was on sale at MF last year for quite a while. $350 or $400, IIRC. I was sorely tempted, but somehow resisted. For Epi's, I think the term "Custom Shop" probably means "limited production model". If it's in good shape, that would be a pretty nice price. My only concern would be that the term "good condition" may translate to anything between "excellent, but not mint" to "beat to ****", depending upon who uses it. I'd definitely want to see the guitar before buying it.

warren0728
December 23rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
it's local so i would go look at it....

M29
December 23rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
That Gibson Spirit is cool, but the last statement makes me a little itchy..."Full Repair shop for all your guitar and bass needs!"

The SG looks great in that color and flame:AOK:

M

Brian Krashpad
December 23rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
That guitar was on sale at MF last year for quite a while. $350 or $400, IIRC. I was sorely tempted, but somehow resisted. For Epi's, I think the term "Custom Shop" probably means "limited production model".

That's exactly what it means. My WildKat is a "Limited Edition Custom Shop" because it comes in white blonde only offered in 2005. Epi Custom Shop guitars come from the same Korean (possibly Chinese by now) factories that other Epi's come from, in the case of my WildKat, Unsung.

He can ask the seller for the first few letters/numbers of the serial number to get the plant info. The codes are floating around the internet.

warren0728
December 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
That's exactly what it means. My WildKat is a "Limited Edition Custom Shop" because it comes in white blonde only offered in 2005. Epi Custom Shop guitars come from the same Korean (possibly Chinese by now) factories that other EPi's come from, in the case of my WildKat, Unsung.

He can ask the seller for the first few letters/numbers of the serial number to get the plant info. The codes are floating around the internet.

i contacted the seller and asked for pics of the headstock front and back....could check out the serial number....i might go play it....

just strum
December 23rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
i contacted the seller and asked for pics of the headstock front and back....could check out the serial number....i might go play it....

Here's one place to check it.

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

warren0728
December 23rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
thanks....so far the seller hasn't gotten back to me.... :thwap: