PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Tell

just strum
December 24th, 2008, 07:41 AM
if a "relic" guitar is in excellent, good, or fair condition?

http://www.rebelrelic.com/

duhvoodooman
December 24th, 2008, 09:21 AM
"Hey, Mac! Whaddya tryin' to pull here??? This guitar has way too much paint left on it! And what's this here in the back? Look at this!! No buckle rash in several places! FRAUD!!!"

just strum
December 24th, 2008, 09:24 AM
"Hey, Mac! Whaddya tryin' to pull here??? This guitar has way too much paint left on it! And what's this here in the back? Look at this!! No buckle rash in several places! FRAUD!!!"

So it's like Bizarro World where everything is the opposite.

Hello,

Mark

aeolian
December 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM
A relic should be in atrocious condition; how else can it be genuine?

http://www.themusiczoo.com/fender/Joe_Strummer_Telecaster_MZ7192356combo.jpg

markb
December 24th, 2008, 07:41 PM
"Relic guitar, mint condition" cracks me up every time. I notice those Rebelrelics are made in Amsterdam. Just wait 'til the dope wears off and it'll be "Man, what happened to my guitar?" :)

Katastrophe
December 24th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Generally, the more it looks like it's been left for dead in an outhouse in summer, the better.

Kazz
December 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM
There is a certain amount of art to that picture of the Tele.....I mean it takes a lot of work to get that beautiful guitar to look that bad.....but it is not for me....It is proven that you can have guitars or cars for many many years and they not end up looking like they were mistreated.

aeolian
December 25th, 2008, 12:11 PM
There is a certain amount of art to that picture of the Tele.....I mean it takes a lot of work to get that beautiful guitar to look that bad.....but it is not for me....It is proven that you can have guitars or cars for many many years and they not end up looking like they were mistreated.

That tele is supposedly the actual tele played by Joe Strummer of the Clash. You can easily find pictures of him playing that tele online.

Fender has a Joe Strummer relic tele that tries to make it look like that. I played one in a GC and it was horribly bad, down to the neck not being even properly aligned so the strings are off to one side of the neck.

just strum
December 25th, 2008, 01:52 PM
That tele is supposedly the actual tele played by Joe Strummer of the Clash. You can easily find pictures of him playing that tele online.

Fender has a Joe Strummer relic tele that tries to make it look like that. I played one in a GC and it was horribly bad, down to the neck not being even properly aligned so the strings are off to one side of the neck.

If that pic is the real deal, than Joe or someone did a lot of sanding to make it look that way because that is not "playing" wear.