PDA

View Full Version : OMG, He's at it again!

bigoldron
December 24th, 2008, 03:21 PM
That no-talent hack is at it again. I was driving home and one of my favorite classic rock stations was playing a song that sounded a WHOLE LOT like La Grange. The lyrics were about the singer being a "Long haired redneck son of Detroit" and I knew immediately it had to be that no-talent Kid Rock again. :whatever: :puke:

What kills me is that the local stations actually play this crap. It's amazing how the ONLY airplay he gets around here is from rip-off songs - nothing even close to resembling originality or talent. Maybe if I ignore it long enough, it'll go away. :saw: :punch: :mad:

Andy
December 24th, 2008, 03:30 PM
HA ! he wishes he was a redneck, but thats something your born with ...not earned. lol

yep it's sad ... (but inevetable)...rap is infiltrating rock.:confused:

I've met him ,,,he's 100% yankee

bigoldron
December 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
From what I've seen of him on TV, he can't make up his mind WHAT he wants to be. He's definitely got long hair, but he still dresses like he's still trying to be one of the "brothers". My overall impression of him whenever I see him and especially when he opens his mouth is "MORON". :whatever:

peachhead
December 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM
That pretty much sums it up for me too. I like all kinds of music, but that's not music to me. Bleech. :puke:

street music
December 24th, 2008, 05:44 PM
It's strange at how many people he fools into thinking that he is great. I'm not a huge fan of his either and I don't like rap or that stuff they alternative.

R_of_G
December 24th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I don't like Kid Rock at all, but I wouldn't dismiss all rap because of how much Kid Rock sucks.

Firstly, he's hardly representative of the entire genre. He's a single hack and he's no more representative of rap than he is rock.

More importantly, like with any form of music, it's not all the same. Like with any other genre of music, there is a lot of crap, but a lot of good music as well.

I'm not saying it does, or even should, appeal to everyone, but I can't think of a single genre of music which I could paint with such a wide brush as to say all of it is worthless.

just strum
December 25th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Kid Rock has but out some decent stuff early on. He tends to go all over the map and I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm not sure why when a group that is a rock/rap style does someone else's song it's a rip off, but when Clapton does it, it's referred to as a cover version.

His annual salary is bigger than mine, so he's doing something right.

Keep is mind, he isn't rap. He is part of that blend of music that Korn and Limp Bizkit came from and was a spin off of Anthrax and Public Enemy collaboration (ref VH1 History of Rock).

R_of_G
December 25th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I'm not sure why when a group that is a rock/rap style does someone else's song it's a rip off, but when Clapton does it, it's referred to as a cover version.

Truer words have not been spoken. Had there been internet during the invention of rock 'n roll I'm sure there'd have been many a blues musician complaining about those rockers infiltrating the blues again. I'm sure more than one bluesman thought of Jimmy Page the same way a lot of people think of Kid Rock. Mind you, I am not comparing their talent, but there is still a very fair comparison to be made.

just strum
December 25th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Had there been internet during the invention of rock 'n roll I'm sure there'd have been many a blues musician complaining about those rockers infiltrating the blues again. I'm sure more than one bluesman thought of Jimmy Page the same way a lot of people think of Kid Rock.

Very good point. The Internet sort of made things more visible, or the buzz word used in the bailout - more transparent (that word is getting a lot of use by the news networks, as if they invented it).