PDA

View Full Version : An Old Clip of Mine

tunghaichuan
December 24th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I was transfering some old LPs to .mp3 files and came across a cassette tape with this recording:

The Shakespeare Song (http://www.diycustomamps.com/mp3/shakespeare_song.mp3) (2.6megs)

I recorded it with a group of my classmates when attending library school back in 1992. The song was recorded to a Tascam 424 4-track machine. The drum machine was a Roland TR-707. The bass was recorded through a Gallien Kruger 250ML and a Crate 1x12" cabinet. The guitar (played by yours truly) was a parts-strat with EMG-SA pickups recorded directly to the Tascam through a Rockman X100B. The reverb is a little thick and was a Roland rackmount unit, I think.

One of my classmates, the singer, came up with the lyrics, I came up with the guitar parts and the bass player came up with the bass line. He was the only musician in the group, being a classically trained cellist. :D

The recording is pretty rough, but I no longer have the Tascam and can't remix the track. So there it is, warts and all.

Enjoy (if possible) :D

tung

duhvoodooman
December 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Quirky but kinda cool! I liked it. If Shakespeare was alive today, he'd be in a band....