PDA

View Full Version : New amp

pes_laul
December 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Haha I finally got a new amp (and a tube amp at that)

yup it's a Crate V-18-212. The thing is huge and with this amph I do get screaming solos:thwap:

just strum
December 25th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Alright Pes, I'll probably hear you from here later today. Now go wake up the neighborhood and have the police visit you for some Christmas cheer.:bravo:

pes_laul
December 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Alright Pes, I'll probably hear you from hear later today. Now go wake up the neighborhood and have the police visit you for some Christmas cheer.:bravo:
Way ahead of you:beer:

piebaldpython
December 25th, 2008, 10:33 AM
So, whaddya think of the Crate V18 with EL84 tubes? How's it sound? Does it sound "warmer" than what you played before? Just curious as the V18's are selling relatively inexpensively. Does it sound more British (due to the EL84's) than American (the V50 has 6L6's in her)???

pes_laul
December 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM
So, whaddya think of the Crate V18 with EL84 tubes? How's it sound? Does it sound "warmer" than what you played before? Just curious as the V18's are selling relatively inexpensively. Does it sound more British (due to the EL84's) than American (the V50 has 6L6's in her)???
It really reminds me of a Fender Blackface. And byfar I like tubes better than anything else Ive ever played they sound really warm. And the sound is huge:dude:

duhvoodooman
December 25th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Excellent, Pes! ROCK ON!! :rockon: :dude: :rockon:

Jimi75
December 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM
It really reminds me of a Fender Blackface. And byfar I like tubes better than anything else Ive ever played they sound really warm. And the sound is huge:dude:

Tubes are the real deal! Congrats on your amp!

piebaldpython
December 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Hmmmmmmm......how's it sound at LOW volume. Duff said his V50 sounded really good at low volume. Is there an F/X loop on the V18?
These Crates have pretty good reviews and the V18 and V50 are causing me some GAS pains.
Enjoy your amp.

pes_laul
December 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Hmmmmmmm......how's it sound at LOW volume. Duff said his V50 sounded really good at low volume. Is there an F/X loop on the V18?
These Crates have pretty good reviews and the V18 and V50 are causing me some GAS pains.
Enjoy your amp.
It actually sounds really nice at low volume (I can only play it about half after 0) but when I got it we cranked it up and it really shows it stuff:rockon:

I'm not sure if it has a FX loop I dont think so. It has a line out.

for only 200$ it's a steal:AOK:

peachhead
December 25th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I bet that sucker sounds sweet- congrats on the new amp!

bigoldron
December 25th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Sounds like Santa was really good to you! I was looking at the V18's until I stumbled onto the V20. I'll bet that 212 will really put out some volume! And a monster tone too! Congrats Kid! :AOK: :bravo:

BTW, when's the talent show?

pes_laul
December 25th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Sounds like Santa was really good to you! I was looking at the V18's until I stumbled onto the V20. I'll bet that 212 will really put out some volume! And a monster tone too! Congrats Kid! :AOK: :bravo:

BTW, when's the talent show?
Ummm I think it's January 14th? And whats cool is Aarons looking at getting a PEavey Vypr so we both have good loud amps for it.

street music
December 26th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Pes.
remember LOUD doesn't make it good. I have heard some really bad guitar playing on huge amps, it will hurt the ears just worse than with good players.
Good luck and don't forget the judges usually don't wear ear plugs.

Katastrophe
December 26th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Congrats, Pes!

Cool amph. Post a pic of that monster if you get the chance.

bigoldron
December 26th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Ummm I think it's January 14th? And whats cool is Aarons looking at getting a PEavey Vypr so we both have good loud amps for it.

I haven't played one, but I've heard nothing but good about the Vypyr amphs. Boy, you two should be able absolutely NAIL that Jonas Brothers tone now! :rotflmao: :poke:

warren0728
December 26th, 2008, 09:15 AM
congrats....nothing better than a tube amph! :AOK:

bigoldron
December 26th, 2008, 09:20 AM
congrats....nothing better than a tube amph! :AOK:

I'll second that. I am totally digging this V20 I got. Years ago, I had an original Princeton Reverb that had a really good tone and stupid me sold it and my other guitars and got out of the game for a long time. Boy, would I love to have that one back... :thwap:

tunghaichuan
December 26th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I'll second that. I am totally digging this V20 I got. Years ago, I had an original Princeton Reverb that had a really good tone and stupid me sold it and my other guitars and got out of the game for a long time. Boy, would I love to have that one back... :thwap:

Yeah, me too. I had a mint '65 BF Princeton Reverb I bought from a friend for $200 back in the 80s. It had a replacement 10" EV speaker and came with an Anvil road case. I sold it back to him for $200. :thwap: It sounded very good clean, among the best of any amp I've ever owned. :(

tung

just strum
December 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Yeah, me too. I had a mint '65 BF Princeton Reverb I bought from a friend for $200 back in the 80s. It had a replacement 10" EV speaker and came with an Anvil road case. I sold it back to him for $200. :thwap: It sounded very good clean, among the best amp I've ever owned. :(

tung

The word "best" followed by the past tense "owned" is so depressing.

F_BSurfer
December 26th, 2008, 09:42 AM
congrats on the new amp pes them crates were blowing out at remarkable prices nice way to enter tube world

pes_laul
December 26th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I haven't played one, but I've heard nothing but good about the Vypyr amphs. Boy, you two should be able absolutely NAIL that Jonas Brothers tone now! :rotflmao: :poke:
oh haha never heard that one:rotflmao: :D