PDA

View Full Version : Delay Pedal

pes_laul
December 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hey,

Well my GAS vanished this morning....well until about 5 minutes ago anyway:thwap: And now I'm looking at delay pedals. My budget is around 100$ and I'm either looking at the Digitech Digidelay or the Boss DD-3. I'm probably gonna be stopping at the local music store this week (which carries them) So which do you think? Personally I'm leaning towards the Digidelay.

-Kris

Childbride
December 25th, 2008, 02:22 PM
irony... karma... not sure. :rotflmao:

kris, i was just sitting cross-legged on the floor playing sugar with one of my xmas toys, a boss dd-3... plugged into the firefly.

[i also got a ch-1 super chorus; i forgot which the byproxy gave me and which shiner santa gave me]

i know nothing of the other pedal, but i can tell you that i was like a little kid for about an hour playing with that thing, cocking my head, fiddling with knobs, trying different sounds. i even made the byproxy and shiner come in and check it out.

two thumbs up here on the dd-3... :AOK: :AOK: :D

Spudman
December 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I'd say the Digitech too. It has a tap tempo function and the the Boss doesn't. That feature comes in pretty handy.

markb
December 25th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Check out the Boss DD-7 too. I think it's worth saving the extra $ for.

hubberjub
December 25th, 2008, 09:01 PM
The Digitech has way more features than the DD-3. It even gives you looping if I recall correctly.

sunvalleylaw
December 25th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I just got the MXR Carbon Copy analog, which is way cool. I downloaded a backing track for "The Wall" right away and spent some quality time with it this afternoon testing out trippy noises, sounds and licks. I would love to stack it some day with a digital pedal such as a Boss, but I would go up to the DD-6 at least for tap tempo, or maybe the digitech. It looks well featured for the price.

M29
December 25th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I am considering the same thing Kris! I think I read that Gilmore uses a Digitech delay.

M

Dauntless
December 25th, 2008, 10:52 PM
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-DigiDelay-Digital-Delay-Pedal?sku=150821