PDA

View Full Version : Come on, 2009!

Katastrophe
December 26th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I know we still have a little time left in 08, but the family and I are already looking forward to next year.

A lot of change coming. We may be moving, and I'm looking for a new job. We've already decided that I'm going back to school, so that I can have a marketable skill in an "in demand" career. I'm 36, so it's about time that I finish my education.

So, any change on the horizon for you, fellow fretters?

just strum
December 26th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I kick off my new job in 2009. I am decompressing from 15 years in a very stressful environment and have already felt the positive effects on my health both physical and mental.

street music
December 26th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Good Luck KAT, I have the job that I hope to retire from someday. Our office just posted a regional position on Tuesday for a safety director and I thought about for about 1/2 a day and said NO, I'm going to leave it for some younger guy or gal that needs a major responsibility.

just strum
December 26th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Kat,

Do you have any thoughts on where you will be moving to? Is going to be a local move or can we expect to be hearing from you from Australia, the UK, or some other location that is considered a major move?

Katastrophe
December 26th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Strum, we're seriously thinking about moving to the Houston area, depending on how the job market is. I have family in the area.

Other areas we're considering is the Waco area, in hopes that I may be hired as Shiner's chief Shiner Bock Consumption Assistant.

It should be a write off for the law firm. I know he's figured out a way to deduct beer as a business expense.:D :beer:

ted s
December 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm kinda in the same boat as Strum, starting the new year off with a new job with a different company. Definitely been savoring the time off.

Best thoughts for you Kat !

sumitomo
December 26th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I hope all goes well with your new jobs and job searches.I am getting short timers disease,cause I am getting ready to go to South America next month for 2 or more months.So you can see why I want 2009 to get here.Sumi:D

luvmyshiner
December 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Other areas we're considering is the Waco area, in hopes that I may be hired as Shiner's chief Shiner Bock Consumption Assistant.

It should be a write off for the law firm. I know he's figured out a way to deduct beer as a business expense.:D :beer:

You had me at Shiner Bock my friend. Come on over, you got the job!:beer:

It's funny, a friend of mine whose a local lawyer with a large firm occasionally calls me for advice on his family law cases. I've never charged him a dime for my time, in fact I'm happy to help, but every time he calls me he always makes sure to bring by a 12-pack of Shiner. I'm pretty sure he does write it off, but I'll be damned if I'm going to claim it on my taxes.:rotflmao:

The other day he suggested that as much beer as he's had to buy me, it might be cheaper for the firm if they just hired me.:D

piebaldpython
December 27th, 2008, 08:04 AM
With all of our Germany/ketamine coma excitement from 2008, I'm looking forward to chilling and really learning to play the guit. Professionally, I've been a technician for 25 years and might go for an assistantt mgr position in-house if one opens up. It would cost me some OT money but the higher base pay would ultimately make my OPM pension higher.
Sorry, OPM is Office of Personnel Management. I am a 32 yr employee of the SSA and my pension will be CSRS (Civil Service Retirment System). Anyone hired after 1984 is under a combination of Social Security and FERS (Federal Employee Retirement System). The gov't has offered us "lifers" options to change to FERS; but....uh....we figured if they are offering that to us, that if it's good for them, it probably isn't as good for us. ahaha