PDA

View Full Version : BG Pups

just strum
December 26th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Has anyone heard of this place or made a purchase from the guy?

http://bg-pups.com/

street music
December 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Nope, never heard of this one.

markb
December 26th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I like the look of the faux P90s to fit Fenders.

just strum
December 26th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Someone over at another forum recommended this place and I had never heard of them. I'm not planning on buying anything from them, just curious to see if anyone had any knowledge of them.

Kazz
December 27th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Never heard of em....but the journey they took me on this morning sure was fun...I just love hopping on youtube for one video and seeing where it leads you...I ended up with some kid demoing a Les Paul through a Classic 30...some great blues tones he was getting ;-)

piebaldpython
March 11th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I had never heard of them.....BUT.....I'm having a lap steel made and the guy and I were talking about pups and he said that he loves using BG PUPS in his steels. He said they are kick-*** pups and they have superb "voices".. So, depending on how much "this and that" runs in $$$$'s, I may very well wind up with BG's. If you go under HUMBUCKERS, we are talking about having the LIZARD in the neck and the HELLABUCKER in the bridge with a coil split. :rockon:

Bloozcat
March 13th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I've heard them mentioned at HC and on the mylespaul forum. For what they get for a pair of humbuckers, I'd be much more inclined to go on E-bay and take advantage of the $125.00/set deal that Guitarforce has going. That's for a custom set to your specs or one of Kevin's standard winds. I can personally attest to the quality and TONE of Kevin's pickups.

Another custom pickup winder that runs an E-bay auction is Jon Moore. All the auctions I've followed for humbuckers have gone for under $120.00 USD a set. Jon is another custom winder who's just starting to build a reputation, but his small following is quite devoted. I've heard nothing but praise for his pickups (and he does single coils/P-90's as well as humbuckers). Jon Moore is Canadian, so some of our Canadian fretters ought to check him out especially.