PDA

View Full Version : Step 1 in the cure for GAS program

Spudman
December 27th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Line 6 M13

Not what you expected, eh? But seriously, every time I've been getting a feeling that I need some new pedal mainly because of the way it's been described as "non-coloring or Tube Screamer like or lush delay" etc. I just go to my M13 and start tweaking. Presto - new pedal.

Then when folks say that this pedal stacks well with this other pedal....presto again. I'm stacked and I didn't even have to cable anything up.

This unit might not be for everyone but I'm getting great sounds out of it and if it's not a 100% replication of the listed pedal - so what. I'm getting great sounds, and that coupled with being very tweakable makes for one fine solution to always wanting different pedals.

Pedal GAS is now taken care of...I think.;)

mrmudcat
December 27th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Yea my boys are digging the line 6 pod x3 live:beer:

Me im feeling old:thwap: robot guitars ,,all in one box digital effects............F------------me !!

OOPS almost let one slip Robert;)

But im with ya brother spuds on being impressed with line 6:AOK:

Plank_Spanker
December 27th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Step One of every pedal consideration - if it sounds good, the deal is real.

markb
December 28th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I've recently sold all my pedals and replaced them with a Boss ME-50. The jury's still out but so far, so good. If I just want a Tube Screamer, tremolo and delay I'll run it manually. If I need effects combinations I'll save them and call them up from memory. The knobs help, I can hack knobs :)

Spudman
December 28th, 2008, 01:07 AM
The knobs help, I can hack knobs :)

*signatured

I'm totally with ya bro. I loves me some knobs.:pancake:

Andy
December 28th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I like the multi pedals and also have a pod ,the only drawback is ,if you sell it,trade it or it breaks down.
there goes>all< your effects.back to square one.

That's what happened with my old ME-30, I had some great sounds programmed and lost everything when it crapped out on me.If it were a simple pedal I could have possibly fixed it.but it was only $60 investment

I just reciently tried to update the chip in the POD and it wigged out and quit working
it took 3 months to get the chip and 5 seconds to fry it.
that was a major loss($$$) because I purchased the floorboard for it and now it's useless also.

I'm hoping I can put the old chip back in and somehow revive it.

mabey I just have bad luck with all in one units

Spudman
December 28th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Andy
I believe those chips are directional. They have to be oriented correctly or *pop* you're done as soon as you turn it on. If you look around I'll bet you can even find them pretty cheap.

As for loosing presets - that's a nice thing about the M13, it can be backed up onto your computer. Get a bunch of settings you like and then upload that info and save it. Pretty cool.