PDA

View Full Version : It's That Time Again!!!

just strum
December 28th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Anyone have guitar related New Years Resolutions

1) Practice, practice, practice: I slacked off over the past month and dropped some things I was starting to do. I begin a new job on Jan 5th and my round trip drive time is cut from an average of 2 hours, 10 minutes to about 30 to 45 minutes. At least half of that is going to be allocated or added to weekday practice.

2) Stay more focused on the objective: I tend to jump around due to a slight issue with my attention span. If I concentrate on the subject I can overcome that. While this applies to everything, it is a hindrance when trying to learn guitar.

3) Put money aside for that ES335 I long for. (I have to avoid these other GAS objects that get in the way of my objectivehttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/thwap.gif)

WackyT
December 28th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I definitely need to dedicate more time to practicing in the New Year. I am happy with my gear, at the moment. But, I would like to add a semi-hollowbody, probably a Dot, in the near future, though.

mrmudcat
December 28th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Yea get our gear packed up and the rest of our sh-- I mean stuff and get the hell outta here!!!:thwap: :whatever:

Playing more ,but that isnt going to well at the moment:thwap: :confused:

Spudman
December 28th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Play more - surf less and find stable band mates.

street music
December 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Just Strum got number 1 right on the button for me-PRATICE! PRACTICE!
Pay off some bills , buy a Tele if the economy does recover in the coming months.
Keep my health problems in check.

Good luck to everybody.

R_of_G
December 28th, 2008, 12:06 PM
To just keep playing. I play solely for my own enjoyment of music, and my only real goal is constant improvement. If I keep playing, I'll keep improving.

Andy
December 28th, 2008, 12:09 PM
#1 is to avoid anymore GAS than necessary.

( I predict failure)

Katastrophe
December 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Gonna try losing some weight. Quitting smoking = better tasting food = me eating more = 30 lbs.

tunghaichuan
December 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Same for me: practice more. Stop buying so many pedals. In fact I just got two more this morning. :thwap:

tung

just strum
December 28th, 2008, 12:55 PM
In fact I just got two more this morning. :thwap:

tung

smart, beat the deadline.:beer:

tunghaichuan
December 28th, 2008, 01:40 PM
smart, beat the deadline.:beer:

I hadn't thought of it that way. :rotflmao:

Woo-hoo! I get paid again on the 31st. :D :dude:

tung

marnold
December 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
God willing, my credit cards will be paid off in about a week for the first time since 1993. So my resolution would be to keep it that way. Granted, guitar-related things are only tangentally (albeit significantly) related to this.

peachhead
December 28th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Practice, Play, Practice, Play.
Finish the trim in my house so my wife won't be so annoyed when I am doing the above.
Finally, figure out how to record something to post here, so I can get rid of the peer pressure.